What we cover in this guide-> Quick navigation
- Best Shark vacuum for pets
- Shark vacuum for pet hair: Top 3 models
- Shark technologies applied for cleaning pet hair, long hair
- Shark vacuum for pet hair: Model reviews
last update: 21st September 2018
Shark has 6 main vacuum series (Shark Rocket, Shark Navigator, Shark Rotator, Shark Ionflex, Shark APEX, Shark Duoclean) and several other units (Shark Ion Robot, Shark 2-in-1 stick, Shark handheld vac) which make up a total of over 100 models. While Shark vacuums have earned a very high rating from consumers, some models are more popular and cheaper than others. Besides, there a few units optimized for picking up dog hair, cat hair on various floor surfaces. Let’s discover the best Shark vacuum for pet owners.
Shark vacuum for pet hair: Top 3 models
- Shark Rotator NV752 TruePet (bagless upright, HEPA, truepet tool, powered lift-away feature, LEDs on nozzle)
- Shark APEX DuoClean Powered Lift-Away Upright Vacuum (AX951) (bagless upright, HEPA, noise reduction, Duoclean, powered lift-away canister, LEDs on nozzle)
- Shark Rocket Complete HV382 (bagless stick, ultra lightweight, Duoclean, pet tool, affordable, LEDs on nozzle)
These models are the most popular units when talking about cleaning pet hairs.
Shark technologies applied for cleaning pet hair, long hair
Shark has developed its own unique, patented technologies, combined with world-class practice to create many models which are excellent when dealing with pet messes cleaning.
Duoclean technology refers to the brushroll design, which combines a hard bristle with a soft roller on a brush head. This combination allows the brushroll to scrub the carpet, area rugs, lift and remove embedded pet hairs on these surfaces and at the same time it can pick up larger debris like cat litter, pet foods… easily.
This is the unique brushroll design which is the most powerful brushroll design so far.
Excellent filtration system
Shark applies completed seal allergen system plus HEPA filtration to capture 99.9% of allergen, pet dead skin, mite,…inside (size down to 0.3 microns). This is the highest standard of filtration on the market. Some models even have advanced sealed allergen system + HEPA which is more 10X effective than a standard HEPA. To this extend, Shark delivers a high-end quality, therefore, it is very useful for those who have pets or allergens
TruePet Mini Motorized Brush
This is an exclusive attachment which is designed for pet owners. The attachment includes 2 rows of stiff bristles, a motor for the brush roller. When using this attachment, the motor will spin the roller, combined with the huge suction from the main unit will ultimately pick up all embedded dust and pet hairs on above surfaces.
Shark vacuum for pet hair: Model reviews
Shark Rotator NV752 TruePet
Shark Rotator NV752 TruePet is the original design of Rotator series. It is a full-size upright unit which is very dynamic by having a lot of benefits to users. It is among the most popular upright units with high ratings. Thousands of consumers chose this model for its quality, reliable performance and designed for dealing with pet issues.
Why is Shark Rotator NV752 TruePet recommended as one of the best models for pet hair?
- It has a powerful suction (12 amps rating motor), rotating brushroll with advanced swivel steering head.
- It uses Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology + a HEPA filter which is a crucial standard for pet vacuum design
- It has TruePet Motorized Brush and a Pet-Multi Tool which are very efficient for cleaning pet hair on all surfaces
- It has bright LED lights on the nozzle to reveal hidden pet hairs on floors
- It has a powered lift-away canister, meaning you can detach the canister out of the body but the brush head can still have suction power
- It has 7 years limited warranty
- It is bagless so you don’t have to buy bags
- It has a reasonable price, cheaper than rivals like Dyson
There are also a few downsides of Shark Rotator NV752 TruePet
- The brushroll is not tangle-free type. Therefore after vacuum a few months, you might see the long hair tangled around the brushroll and you have to use scissors to cut it literally. However, consumers realized it fewer tangles than a Miele unit (German engineered vacuum)
- It is a bit weighty (15.4 lbs)
Shark Rotator NV752 TruePet is a great vacuum unit for pet hair and whole home cleaning for the competitive price and performance. The addition of the motorized truepet tool will help you to pick up all of the pet hair effortlessly.
Shark APEX DuoClean Powered Lift-Away Upright Vacuum (AX951)
The Shark APEX AX951 is Shark latest model, which is referred as Shark’s most advanced upright vacuum. This is a full-size upright unit with all of Shark best practice for an ultimate experience.
Why Shark APEX AX951 highly recommended as a great option for pet hair?
- This unit features the Duoclean brushroll which is the most powerful brush head for seamlessly picking up pet hairs and larger particles from all surfaces
- It has completely sealed advanced anti-allergen filtration system + HEPA, which is 10X more efficient than HEPA. This filtration level is higher than all of the rivals
- It inherits Shark Rotator best feature that is the powered lift-away canister for better maneuvering and easier cleaning under furniture
- It has active glide wheels for running smoothly on carpets, rugs but still maintains the machine suction power
- It has bright led lights on the nozzle
- It is a silent vacuum. The noise level of Shark APEX AX951 is around 65 dB which is lower than a standard unit (around 80 dB- 100 dB)
- It has 7 years limited warranty
Downsides of Shark APEX AX951 is that it is a bit weighty (16 lbs.) and it is expensive at this time. Besides, it does not have the truepet tool which is a missing part of this unit.
Shark DuoClean Rocket Corded Ultralight Upright (HV382)
If you are tired of a weighty unit, then Shark Rocket HV382 is a great alternative as this model is a hybrid of a cordless unit (extremely lightweight only 4.6 lbs, able to be used as a hand-vac) and an upright unit (0.9 dry quarts dust bin). Shark Rocket HV382 is one of the best-corded stick units on the market with a very high rating.
Why is Shark Rocket HV382 recommended as a great unit for pet hair?
- This model uses Duoclean brushroll – features a bristle brush to deep clean carpets, and a soft brushroll to pull in larger particles and directly engage floors for a polished look.
- It has bright led lights on the nozzle which is very useful for revealing pet hairs in dark places
- It is really maneuverable and ultra-lightweight.
- Despite it is a stick unit, the unit performs very well on many floor types from bare floors to carpets
- There are quite many additional tools (Pet Multi-Tool, Duster Crevice Tool, Wall Mount Storage Hook) which are very easy to use
- It can be converted into a hand vac
However, the downside of this lightweight unit is that it does not use HEPA filtration, therefore, while it can handle the pet hair well, users with asthma or allergies should stick to models with HEPA only.
You may love to read
Best carpet cleaner reviews: Discover the most popular, high rating and affordable carpet washer of the last 5 years
Best steam mop reviews: Find the best rated steam mop from Bissell, Shark, O-Cedar
Best carpet cleaner, vacuum cleaner deals : Curated best deals to save more