Last Updated on
What we cover in this guide-> Quick navigation
- Best vacuum cleaner in 2019
- How to find the best vacuum cleaner – Quick buying tips
- Best vacuum cleaner in 2019: Model reviews
- Shark Apex Duoclean AX951 – Most advanced with great performance and ergonomic value
- Dyson Animal 2 – Dyson most advanced upright unit with strongest suction power, designed for home with pets
- Dyson V8 absolute HEPA – best cordless unit on the market
- Shark Ionflex Duoclean cordless – Dyson cordless direct rivals
- Miele C3 complete – ultimate corded canister vacuum cleaner for whole home cleaning
- Hoover REACT – low price option with advanced features
- Shark Navigator NV356E – Shark ‘s legendary for most home
- Bissell Cleanview 9595A – cheap upright vacuum cleaner with high performance
Best vacuum cleaner in 2019
What you can find here
- Buying guide plus how to choose tips
- Detail reviews of best models
- Hottest Discounts from major brands like Shark, Bissell, Dyson, Hoover, Roomba, Ecovacs
Are you in a rush? Jump to the top-rated vacuum list for 2019
last update: 22nd February 2019
Here is the definitive guide to finding the most suitable vacuum cleaning machine for your needs.
Instead of reading reviews of each model, we have analyzed over 100+ models to short-list the best one that you can grab while still saving the money power.
How to find the best vacuum cleaner – Quick buying tips
If you need an all-in-one vacuum cleaner
If you are about to find an efficient unit for multiple task cleaning, then you should look for an upright corded full-size model.
A corded unit will give you more power and plenty of using time than a cordless unit and you do not have to wait for the machine to be recharged (which can take up to 4-5 hours).
A corded vacuum for whole home use should have 5 following standards:
- Strong suction power (preferred from above 10 amps or above 110 AW)
- XL dust bin capacity ( about 0.5 Gallon, 2 Liters or 1.5 dry quarts)
- Great filtration system (preferred HEPA filter and sealed air system)
- Good swivel head
- Brushroll is well constructed (adjustable height, brushroll on/off feature, soft roller and bristle on the same brush head, easy to remove brushroll…)
So that you can clean multiple floor types without losing the suction power.
Besides, a unit with a long extension hose and a powered/ turbo tool will give you a lot of advantages when cleaning certain above surfaces
Some other ergonomic values of a vacuum cleaner such as
- Easy to use
- LED lights on nozzle or brush head
- Smart sensors (will vary from brand to brand)
Another important factor you should look for is the warranty time. In 2019 most of the best-rated unit will have a longer warranty time up to 5 years.
A model with these features will allow you to conveniently clean the home with robust performance on various surfaces.
Most recommended all-in-one vacuum cleaners
- Bissell 9595A Cleanview (best price)
- Dyson Animal 2 (best performance)
- Shark Apex Duoclean AX951 (most advanced)
These models are newly developed which meet all of the standards for whole-home cleaning.
They are exceptional in performance and have a great feedback from users
If you need an powerful cordless vacuum cleaner
A cordless vacuum cleaner will give you more flexibility because it is extremely lightweight and you can bring it anywhere because it has no cord that limits your moving.
Cordless vacuum cleaners nowadays have a longer run time than old models and some models even allow you to vacuum for over 80 minutes per charge.
For instance, Shark ION F80 (Shark most recent cordless stick) give you a plenty of 80 minutes run-time.
If you need a cordless vacuum cleaner for whole home cleaning from ceiling to window, bare floor to carpets, rugs, and auto-detailing, here are some typical standards you have to look for:
Suction power and long run time are two most critical factors of a cordless unit.
While most of the recent models use Li-ion battery (meaning that they might deliver the equal amount of run time or power), some units have a longer run time and better suction level (due to motor construction and air system).
A cordless unit should have:
- strong suction power above 100 AW
- over 30 minutes run time
- XL dust cup capacity (about 0.5 Liter)
- great filter system (HEPA style is preferred or near HEPA is acceptable)
- a lot of attachments and hand tools
- a well-built brush roll.
Besides, as it is a cordless unit, you should choose the version with lighter weight to prevent wrist pain when using as a handheld model for a long time.
Some additional features of a cordless unit you might look for (optional) such as
- LED lights
- sensors on the machine
- easy to empty dust bin
- additional battery
- removable battery style.
Best rated cordless all in one vacuum cleaners models you can consider
If you have thick, shaggy, frieze carpets
Thick and deep pile carpets are very difficult to vacuum by using a casual vacuum cleaner because the ground-in dirt and embedded pet hairs will be not able to lift-up and removed.
Therefore, if you need a great vacuum cleaner for cleaning shaggy or Berber, here are a few more features you need to look after
- Brushroll must have the adjustable height feature or shut off feature.
- Variable suction power so you can adjust the most suitable suction to your carpet to prevent it wearing out
- Certified by CRI (Carpet and rug institute) for high pile carpet
Apart from these additional features, the vacuum should also have standard features to the best models for whole-home cleaning.
Here are a few recommendations if you need to deal with high pile carpet cleaning
- Shark Navigator NV356E – most popular choice, claimed as one of the best vacuum cleaners for shag, Berber cleaning
- Shark Navigator NV370 – an alternative to NV356E, this unit has a premium brushroll certified by CRI
For pet lovers (dog, cat, pet hairs..)
Pets are great companions. Having a pet at home means you have to care more about their daily shed hair, pet food messes, and stains.
There are quite a few highly rated pet vacuum on the market and they have all of the follow standard
- Excellent air sealed system.
- HEPA filtration: A pet vacuum must have HEPA filter to keep the allergen and dead skin inside the machine.
Some models combine the HEPA filter with a completed seal air system to give more 10X than a standard HEPA.
Besides, if you want to reduce the smell then there are some units having an odor management filter or a charcoal filter, to prevent the bad smell of the dust and pet hair.
- Tangle-free brush design is also another important feature to prevent the pet hair getting clogged to the brush roll.
- Motorized brush head is a great value. This hand tool allows you to pick up pet hair on the couch, upholstery easier than a standard tool or a combination tool.
Recommended pet vacuums are
- Dyson Animal 2
- Dyson V8 HEPA
- Shark APEX AX951
A silent (noiseless) vacuum cleaner is a great value especially for the home with seniors. When a vacuum cleaner has a well-constructed noise insulator, it will make you more comfortable when cleaning home.
A common vacuum cleaner will create the noise level up to 90-100 dB while a low noise model only creates the noise about 60 dB.
There are two best vacuum cleaner with the lowest noise (measured in real tests) are
- Cordless unit: Dyson V8 (standard mode: 60 dB, max mode: around 80 dB)
- Corded unit: Shark APEX AX951 (this unit has a noise reduction technology. While it is a full-size model, the measured noise is about only 60 dB.)
Lightweight vacuum for seniors, ladies, kids use
A lightweight vacuum cleaner is also one of the most common findings. To make sure a vacuum unit is a lightweight or heavyweight, should compare the model with other models with similar functions and cleaning performance.
Recommended best-rated lightweight vacs are
- Dyson V7 only 5.3 lbs – a balance of weight, run time, price and big dust bin
- Shark Navigator 356E 13.7 lbs – lightweight and XL dust bin up to 2.2 Gallons (you might love the Shark Navigator NV350 only 12.5 lbs, 1.2 dry quart dust bin).
Best vacuum cleaner in 2019: Model reviews
Here is the short-list of best models for you to have a quick look-up.
|Brand & Model||Recommendation||Type||Check Price|
|Bissell 9595A Cleanview||Low-price, all-in-one||Upright, corded||Check price|
|Shark APEX AX951||Most advanced, all-in-one||Upright, corded||Check price|
|Dyson - Dyson V8 HEPA||Most powerful, cordless||2-in-1, cordless||Check price|
|Shark Navigator NV370||Powerful, thick carpet cleaning||Upright, corded||Check price|
|Shark Navigator 356E||Powerful, lightweight||Upright, corded||Check price|
|Dyson V7||Lightweight, Low-price||2-in-1, cordless||Check price|
Shark Apex Duoclean AX951 – Most advanced with great performance and ergonomic value
Feature at a glance
- Duoclean brush- a combination of bristle and soft-roller on a single brush head for recovering embedded pet hair on carpets and pick up large debris on tiles, hardwood floors completely
- Power-lift away canister – the canister can be lifted up and the brush head still remains the suction power to clean under furniture, sofas extremely convenient (one of the best value of an upright unit)
- Noise reduction – this is the upright vacuum cleaner with the lowest noise (under 60 dB. Only)
- Easy gliding wheels (APEX technology) – smoothly run on carpet and prevent carpet damage
- Advanced sealed air system plus HEPA – 10x more efficient than HEPA – highly recommended for users with allergy, home with pets
- Big dust cup – up to 1.5 Gallons
Other highlighting benefits such as bright Led lights on both floor nozzle and handle, fingertips control, lightweight (15 lbs.), long cord (30 ft.) a lot of premium tools and has up to 7-year warranty.
Shark Apex Duoclean AX951 delivers the most advanced features of an upright vacuum cleaner that you might find on the market. It has been optimized for not only efficient cleaning on multiple floor type but to reach a higher level of convenience and ergonomic value. This unit downside is that it is a bit pricey.
Dyson Animal 2 – Dyson most advanced upright unit with strongest suction power, designed for home with pets
Benefits in a glance
- Strongest suction power– this unit is claimed to be the upright vacuum cleaner with the strongest suction at the cleaner head (from Dyson). It gives a massive suction up to 275 AW.
- Automatic brush head height adjustment – allows the unit transverse from carpet to tile easily
- HEPA filtration – this model is certified as the asthma friendly unit by Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
- Work efficiently on high pile carpets and designed for the home with long hair – the Dyson Animal 2 has a tangle-free turbine tool allows you to pick up long hair without being tangled.
- 5 years warranty from Dyson
Dyson Animal 2 is a great option if you are a Dyson fan. The model has strongest suction and efficient on multiple floor types.
The tangle-free turbine tool is a nice additional attachment so you can clean high pile, plush or shaggy and pick up pet hair easily.
On the downside, it is a bit tricky to clean the corner with the floor brush because the ball is big. To pick up the dust from edge and corner you should use hand tool instead.
Dyson V8 absolute HEPA – best cordless unit on the market
Dyson V8 absolute is the Number 1 best cordless vacuum cleaner for ultimate performance.
Apart from impressive cleaning results (strong suction power, long run time up to 40 minutes), the model excels others by its lighter weight (only 5.8 lbs.) and it is the rare unit that has HEPA filtration (also certified by Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
Benefits of Dyson V8 in a glances
- More suction power – the use of direct drive cleaner head allows this unit to have 150% more suction than V6
- Whole HEPA filtration -best for home with pets and allergen
- Multi-surface cleaning, lightweight, big dust bin, easy to empty dust bin, smooth swivel head, additional soft roller and 5-year warranty.
No matter what is your cleaning tasks, the Dyson V8 cordless will serve you perfectly. It works extremely well not only when using a handheld unit but also when used on floors.
It is the lightest unit compared similar models with other brands (only 5.8 lbs.)
The unit can run for 40 minutes which is the longest run time of a cordless model you can find.
The only minor downside (which is not related to machine performance) is that the battery is not removable for charging like Shark Ionflex (Dyson V8 is charged by a docking station)
Shark Ionflex Duoclean cordless – Dyson cordless direct rivals
Shark Ionflex Duoclean cordless offers similar performance to Dyson V8 cordless vacuum cleaner. This unit has the Shark most advanced brush head design (Duoclean brush head- a combination of a bristle and a soft roller) for maximal hair pick up efficiency.
Benefits in a glance
- 2 removable batteries – you can charge one while using one (model IF251)
- Duoclean brush head – allow you to clean both carpets and bare floors throughout
- Anti-allergen complete sealed – recommended for home with pets and allergens
- Multiflex technology – the unit can bend 180 degrees for cleaning under furniture easier and you can store in a tight space
Other great features of Shark Ionflex cordless unit are led lights on nozzles, lots of tools, strong suction power, ergonomic design and long warranty time (5 years).
Shark IONflex Duoclean can be an option to replace Dyson V8 if you are looking for a cordless unit for whole-home cleaning.
The unit can deliver similar performance however it is a bit weighty (8.7 lbs) therefore if you are having wrist pain, it is recommended that you should notice the machine weight if it is ok for you.
Miele C3 complete – ultimate corded canister vacuum cleaner for whole home cleaning
Miele C3 complete the best rated canister unit which has the strongest suction power (12 amps motor, creating an airflow up to 158 CFM which is more than any canister model on the market), adjustable suction level from bare floor to deep pile carpet, a combination of charcoal filter and HEPA filtration for keeping allergens and bad odors, great dust bin volume, long warranty time (7 years) and a lot of premium tools.
Benefits in a glance
- Strongest suction power with 6-speed settings – this unit has the strongest airflow compared to all of the canister models from rivals
- Silent pet vacuum cleaner – low noise when running
- HEPA filtration plus Airclean filter (charcoal) – recommended for home with pets and allergy
Premium tools: telescopic stainless steel wand, Turbo brush, Parquet Twister
Miele C3 complete is a renown German machine. The model is highly recommended if you are finding a commercial grade canister unit for whole floor cleaning.
The unit performs well on many floor surfaces from low pile carpet, rugs, hard floors, tiles, stairs, upholstery, ceiling, curtain.
The only downside is that it is not optimized for cleaning high pile carpet therefore in case you love a canister version to be able to clean high pile carpet, an additional brush should be purchased separately.
Hoover REACT – low price option with advanced features
Hoover REACT series is Hoover most advanced vacuum cleaner series, which has come in all design (cordless, corded, full-size, pet owner design…) The Hoover REACT series can be a nice option if you are looking for a low budget unit while still having the most advanced technologies.
Hoover REACT main benefits in a glance
- Clean better – the use of smart sensors on the brush head allows the vacuum to pick up more fine dust and debris
- Windtunnel surge – delivers more air suction power (Hoover most successful air system that has been used)
- Great filtration system – features a sealed allergen system, rinsable foam filters, and odor filter to reduce the allergen and bad smells up to 99% of dust and allergen size down to 0.5 microns (this is very close to HEPA standards)
- Bright led lights on nozzle- for more visual while cleaning
Hoover REACT series offers an alternative to the best vacuum cleaners at a low price. These models have some great features comparable to top leading brands but as they are low-priced units, the performance and ergonomic value are compromising.
Shark NV356E cab be proud itself to be the most popular choice on the market, peaking at nearly ten thousand positive feedback for its great performance and low price. The unit has all of the required benefits you will love when seeking a corded upright unit.
Benefits of Shark Navigator NV356E in a glance
- Inexpensive – If you are looking for a vacuum cleaner at below 200 range then it beats all of the competitors in performance
- Ergonomic design – swivel base easy to maneuver, variable suction control, bagless design, brush on/off feature, motorized brush head with jam indicator and has a transparent view, the lift-away canister for cleaning stairs and under furniture, long cord, long warranty (5 years)
- Impressive cleaning performance – for all for types from tiles to the high plush carpet.
- Pick up pet hair effectively with pet tools included
- Easy to use, control, and durable
- Great seal allergen system – a combination of a complete sealed allergen system plus HEPA to keep up to 99.9% of dust size down to 0.3 micron
- A lot of premium tools: Hard Floor Hero, Pet Power Brush, Dusting Brush and 8-inch Crevice Tool
- Very lightweight and extra large dust bin: 13.7 lbs and 2.2 dry quarts
This model is the best unit that is ready to grab if you need an all in one model with inexpensive price.
The only downside (not related to the performance) is that the brush head width is about 11’’ while a casual unit is 12’’, otherwise it is a perfect solution for any home.
Bissell Cleanview 9595A – cheap upright vacuum cleaner with high performance
Bissell Cleanview 9595A is an upright vacuum cleaner under 100 range that works. This unit is a nice option if you need a vacuum cleaner for tiles, bare floors and some above surfaces like upholstery, furniture without the need of fancy benefits like great filtration or cleaning carpets, rugs.
With over ten thousands feedback, it stands as one of the best upright vacuum cleaners for the money.
Benefits in a glance
- Fast and easy cleaning in a lightweight vacuum
- Brush design rotates down into carpet to clean more on the initial pass.
- Cyclonic System for long-lasting, powerful suction.
- TurboBrush tool for stairs, furniture, upholstery, and more.
- Easy Empty dirt tank, Multi-Level Filtration, and washable foam tank filter
- 2 year warranty
You may love to read