What we cover in this guide-> Quick navigation
- Best vacuum cleaner under 200
- Vacuum cleaner under 200 – what you can expect
- What a vacuum cleaner under 200 does not have
- Best vacuum cleaner under 200 – How to choose
- Vacuum cleaner under 200: Top rated list
- Vacuum cleaner under 200: Model reviews
last update: 22nd May 2018
Finding a great vacuum cleaner under 200 range can be the most challenging task because there are over 300+ models in the range from 100 to 200 bucks. If you do not know where to start with, read our detail advice on how to choose a suitable model to filter out and take the best deal for your home.
If you are in a hurry -> Jump to the top rated vacuum cleaner under 200 list 2018
Vacuum cleaner under 200 – what you can expect
It is possible to say that over 70% vacuum cleaning machine on the market are in this price range. All of the famous brands have at least a series (some brands even have 5-6 product line at this range) to compete with each other.
Therefore, as a user, you will have ample choice to meet your individual cleaning needs. However, it also creates a big obstacle that you might get lost among hundreds of models.
Here are most common features of the vacuum cleaner at the price range from 100 to 200 bucks
They have all design and shape
They can be corded, cordless, upright, stick, canister, electric broom, handheld, robotic, or even wet-dry model or central vacuum model which is exclusively designed for garage and commercial cleaning services
They are optimized on the performance side and user convenience
You can easily find a good vacuum cleaner with strong suction, lightweight, great filtration system (HEPA), tangle free brushroll and other added value such as big dust cup, automatic cord rewind, led lights and so on. Most of the best vacuum cleaners can be found within this range
They have a lot of advanced features
You do not have to compromise for advanced features like cheaper range (under 100). Depending on the brands, a vacuum cleaner can have swivel steering head, adjustable brushroll, sealed air system, automatic charging and resuming (for robot unit), fingertips control…
They are less noisy
One of the best features about them is that you will be more comfortable when using because the noise level is reduced thanks to the robust construction of the machine and the application of noise reduction technology (depending on brands).
Each design is dominated by a specific brand
If you are looking for the best model at lower 200 bucks, then you are more likely to see
- Upright unit – Shark and Hoover
- Robot vacuum – ILIFE and Ecovacs
- Canister – Bissell
What a vacuum cleaner under 200 does not have
There are a just a few factors that you have have to compromise. First, they are standard/ core product line of many brands but they do not have the latest features to give an ultimate performance.
While Shark APEX Duoclean (the most advanced upright unit of Shark brand) does use APEX wheels, noise reduction, duoclean brush for this series, other series under 200 do not have such features
While Dyson V8 (the most advanced cordless unit of Dyson) does use a 150% more power than the V6, 40 min run time, cheaper unit (Dyson V6) can only use for 20 minutes and the motor is still the old same.
While Roomba 690 (a robot vacuum cleaner that fills the gap between the Roomba 650 and 700s series) has wifi-connection, Roomba 650 does not have such wifi feature.
Therefore, if you are keen on technology, then you might need to spend extra bucks to get the most updated model, otherwise, if you are looking for the greatest model on the performance side, these units under 200 are the best deal for you.
Best vacuum cleaner under 200 – How to choose
Because a model at this price has been optimized for performance in many details including motor power, suction control, ergonomic value, filtration system…Choosing a great model will mostly rely on the design you want to use. Here are the quick reviews of pros and cons of each design
- A cordless unit – will give you more portability and convenience but you have to charge for a while (mostly 3 hours).
- An upright unit – will give you an all in one cleaning solution but it can limit your maneuverability with the cord length and brush roll height profile
- A corded stick – will balance between a cordless stick and an upright for both portability and performance, but it tends to have smaller dust bin compared to the full-size upright
- A canister – is flexible for whole home cleaning, but you might find it difficult to clean high pile carpet
- A robotic unit – give you freedom and time but it might not clean high pile carpet too.
Vacuum cleaner under 200: Top rated list
|No||Brand & Model||Design||Recommendation||Price and Details|
|1||Dyson V6 Motor Head Cord-free Vacuum||Cordless stick||designed for whole home cleaning|
more 75% power than the Dyson V6
|2||Shark Rocket Complete Upright with DuoClean (HV382)||Corded stick||have the benefits of a cordless (ultra-lightweight) and an upright (full features and efficient cleaning)||Check price|
|3||Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E||Upright, full-size||most popular upright unit|
suitable for whole home cleaning, users with allery
|4||Robotic ILIFE A4s Robot Vacuum Cleaner||Robotic vacuum||designed for whole home cleaning|
super long run time up to 140 minutes
Vacuum cleaner under 200: Model reviews
Cordless stick – Dyson V6 Motor Head Cord-free Vacuum
Dyson V6 motorhead cord-free vacuum is recommended for users who are finding a cordless stick for whole-home cleaning. The unit is featured by ultra lightweight (4.5 lbs), cordless, easy to control, stronger suction power (75% more than the V6) and 20 minute running time for a sufficient quick cleaning.
- Dyson V6 Motor Head Cord-free Vacuum is the sweet spot when you are looking for a cordless stick in 200 range. Do not confuse this model with the Dyson V6, because the Dyson V6 motorhead has more 75% suction power than the V6 while keeping other features the same. That’s why the Dyson V6 motor head is a more popular choice among many cordless models from Dyson.
- The unit uses a direct drive cleaner head which is more efficient than the V6 model (which uses a motorized brush head) when removing embedded pet hair and dust on carpet
- It has one more tool ( a crevice tool) than the V6
- The model still remains full features of the Dyson cordless unit: convert into a handheld, easy to use, docking station for keeping the machine and charging,
- It is cheaper than Dyson V6
Pros and cons
- It has a powerful suction, which is higher than the Dyson V6
- It is cordless and lightweight so you can maneuver around easily
- It is designed for whole home cleaning from ceiling to all floor types and performs very well
- It cleans the edge, corner very well and empties the dustbin is easy
- It is one of Dyson cheapest unit.
- It has a strong suction which might be too much for non-stiff throw rugs
- The exhausted air is hot to some users
Dyson V6 Motor Head Cord-free Vacuum is ready to buy cordless vacuum by balancing the ultimate performance of Dyson and the low price. While the latest unit has more suction power and longer run time (Dyson V8 has 150% more bar suction power than Dyson V6 and 40 minutes run time), this unit is still a great choice in 2018 thanks to the price and unbeatable performance.
Corded stick – Shark Rocket Complete Upright with DuoClean (HV382)
The Rocket Complete Upright with DuoClean (HV382) is recommended for the home with seniors, woman and pet lovers,, especially for users who are seeking for an ultra lightweight vacuum with the high performance like a Dyson unit at the cheap price. The model is a compact upright unit which is only 9.9 lbs can it can be converted into a handvac only 4.6 lbs for cleaning above surfaces. It is as mighty as a Dyson V8 but it uses direct electric supply so you don’t need to wait for charging.
- Shark Rocket Complete Upright with DuoClean (HV382) is the most popular corded stick with the highest rating. Among a lot of rivals who have cheaper prices, this Shark HV382 has the highest rating feedback from thousands of users
- It is an ultra lightweight unit which is only 9.9 lbs but it has a generous dust bin (0.9 dry quarts) for such machine weight
Pros and cons
- Lower price than many Shark models
- Ultra lightweight, powerful suction, and quiet when running
- The brush head uses Duoclean technology (the combination of a bristle and a controller for picking up pet hairs and fine dust for a deep cleaning, polish look)
- Bright LED lights on both floor nozzle and hand vac for a more visual view
- Pet tool included for picking up pet hair on upholstery
- Designed for cleaning all surface types from hardwood floors to deep pile carpet. The unit has variable suction control.
- Backed by the brand for 5 years
- It has a smaller cleaning path width which is about 9.9’’ (a casual unit has cleaning path width in the range of 10-12’’) therefore it can consume more time for cleaning the whole floor if you have bigger footage.
- It does not have HEPA
Shark Rocket Complete Upright with DuoClean (HV382), a hybrid of cordless stick vac with a standard upright will give you both the flexibility of the cordless design (ultra-lightweight) and the efficiency of a compact upright vac (0.9 dry quarts, 12 amps motor rating and full features). It is suitable for the home with various floor types with medium floor footage, seniors, home with pets.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E is a full-size upright unit that is highly recommended for users who are looking for a machine for whole-home cleaning. It has strong suction, great additional features, designed for both hard floors and deep pile carpets, great filtration with HEPA, lightweight (about only 13.7 lbs) and XL dust bin (2.2 dry quarts). That’s why it is the most popular upright unit with an approximate ten thousand feedback.
- This Shark Navigator 356E is Shark most popular unit (about ten thousand feedback with a very high rating)
- It is the model that has been featured in a lot of “Best lists” such as best vacuum for high pile carpet, best vacuum for home use in 2018, best Shark vacuum, best vacuum for pet owners, best vacuum for long hair…
Pros and cons
- It is as powerful as a Dyson but cheaper than a lot
- Suction power is huge and has variable suction levels for different cleaning needs.
- Easy to assemble, to use and to empty the dust bin (which is 2.2 dry quarts)
- XL dust cup is an advantage for whole home cleaning without the need of emptying it.
- HEPA filtration, better for your health
- Standard power cord 30 ft and lightweight only 13.7 lbs which is lighter than a lot of other models in the Shark Navigator series
- Quiet when running, bagless design so you don’t have to buy bags
- Beater bar on/off features for cleaning both deep pile carpets and hard floor efficiently
- Other great features such as the clipping system have a better quality, the lift-away canister is easy and convenient, easy release wand, long warranty…
- No on-board storage
- Edge cleaning is a bit tricky
Shark Navigator 356E delivers great value at such a cheap price. If you need one machine for whole home cleaning then Shark Navigator 356E is the definite choice.
Robot vacuum – Robotic ILIFE A4s Robot Vacuum Cleaner
ILIFE A4s Robot Vacuum Cleaner is the most popular robot vacuum cleaner at the price around 200 range. The unit is recommended for users who have allergies as it has a great HEPA filtration. Besides, if you have a lot of surface types, the ILIFE A4s Robot Vacuum Cleaner is a great option because it has a strong suction combined with tangle free brush roller (which is very exclusive on the market), and an extended run time up to 140 minutes ( 2.5X more than Roomba 650, the famous unit at the same price range, which can run for only 60 minutes).
- At this price range, ILIFE A4s Robot Vacuum Cleaner is the most common choice.
- The unit has full features and longest run time compared to rivals from other brands (at the same price range)
Pros and cons
- Powerful suction – the unit uses a 1000 Pa motor which is the standard for any robotic unit on the market
- Silent when cleaning – it is quieter than Bobsweep, Roomba rivals
- HEPA filtration -a great features for allergy sufferers, and it also has a spare HEPA filter in the package
- Tangle-free brush design- allow you to pick up pet hair seamlessly
- Large dust bin
- Super long run time up to 140 minutes
- Quick charging time
- It has no wifi – therefore you can’t control the unit when you are not at home
At 200 price range, the Robotic ILIFE A4s Robot Vacuum Cleaner offers a great value to users that no others can compare. Despite it does not have wifi, this feature is not directly related to the cleaning performance. If you have multiple surfaces at home then this unit is the great choice for such price.
You may love to read
Best carpet cleaner reviews: Discover the most popular, high rating and affordable carpet washer of the last 5 years
Best steam mop reviews: Find the best rated steam mop from Bissell, Shark, O-Cedar
Best carpet cleaner, vacuum cleaner deals : Curated best deals to save more