How many times when your teenage kid throws a party and you are more bothered about your carpets, then how long will the party last? After all, it’s quite obvious or say most probable that there can be food or drink spills on the carpet. And the stubborn stains that come along are very difficult to ignore. Well, we have got you a homemade carpet cleaning remedy DIY that you can use to get rid of such worries. See what we got, take a look:
Why Do You Need to Clean the Carpet?
Carpet cleaning has its own significance as it helps in keeping your carpet cleaner, more sanitized, and also makes it quite easy to maintain. Usually, carpet soiling is made of dry soil so regular cleaning and vacuuming will help you in removing the soil, spots, and stains. A clean and beautiful carpet also defines the overall cleanliness and appearance of any room, home or facility. So, in this article let’s learn about
The carpet is one place at your home or office which may contain more germs than you can ever think of. So it is always advisable to keep your carpet clean and tidy. If you are thinking of letting the small stain on the carpet to let go, it would not be an excellent idea.
A carpet stain is not just a mark but an open invitation to countless microorganisms present in our atmosphere. Thus if you are unable to get rid of the stains in time, it may cost your health, so think and act. However, before we get into the process of how to remove the coffee stains from the carpet, you must be aware of the fabric we are dealing with.
Types of Stain & Their Cleaning Technique:
There are numerous types of stains that are likely to get on a carpet. Speaking of which, here are a few stubborn stains that are too difficult to remove. Have a look at those stains and techniques that you can use to remove them.
Staining your favorite white carpet with red wine is something that might bring you in tears. After all, they are strong and stubborn red stain that is very visible and spoils the carpet look completely. Well, in that here is the cleaning technique for the wine spill. Take a look:
The first thing that you are supposed to do is take a clean cloth or rag to dab the spill and get the excess wine up and out of the carpet. Once you are done with these, you can opt for other stain removal techniques. You can also learn easy techniques such as how to clean carpet with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. You can probably opt for a less conventional approach that is often successful solutions, here take a look.
1. How to clean carpet with Salt For Wine Stain:
- Pour the salt into the wine spill to keep the liquid from setting in the carpet. By then, you can probably figure out which clean up method would you like to go with.
2. How to clean carpet with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide
- Blot the wine as possible and then spray hydrogen peroxide on the stain.
- Sprinkle hefty amount of baking soda and peroxide for stains.
- Cover the stain completely with peroxide and soda.
- Let it sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse it in running water with water.
You can use these very quick homemade carpet stain remover DIY remedies to remove the wine stain from your carpet. This method requires very little effort and products are easily available. They are completely feasible and at least time and money is required.
Ketchup spills on the carpet:
In the next step, we will know a bit more about how to clean carpet with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. But first, tell me if you have a kid in the family? Well, if you do you might have experienced a lot of ketchup spill accidents in your home. You just cannot avoid such situations but do need a solution to get rid of these stains and its smell. These do not look good neither are hygienic to stay on the carpet for long. So, here we got you a quick solution to the problem. Take a look at the steps and follow them for best results:
1.How to clean carpet with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide
- Scrape up the excess using a butter knife and then blot up the stained part gently to soak up as much as possible.
- Rinse the area with cold water and blot dry.
- If the stain still exists, use white vinegar. Spray it on the stain, let sit for 20 minutes, and blot up.
- If the stain still persists, apply a mixture of 3 tablespoons cold water and 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide and.
- Let it sit for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Rinse it with water and blot dry.
Coffee Spills On Carpet:
Coffee spills happen at the most unusual time. Do you remember, when you had decided to tuck yourself on your couch with a cup of coffee and a book and suddenly your cup slipped and got spilled all over your couch and your carpet? Well, that is so unfortunate and irritating. Other than spoiling your evening, what is much of a problem is the coffee stain on your bright and beautiful carpet.
Do not worry as we have got you the ultimate solution to get rid of a stubborn coffee stain. Take a look at some of the ways you can help yourself to do the cleaning:
1. How to clean carpet with Liquid Dish Soap
This is one of the most basic and easily available DIY homemade carpet cleaning solutions that you can use for coffee stain remover. Look at the steps to follow:
- Blot up the coffee as much as you can.
- Take two cups of warm water, mix one tablespoon of liquid dish soap and one tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Sponge the stain with the mixture Using a clean, white cloth.
- Do not apply much at a time. Let it sit for 2-3 min. Keep blotting it frequently with a dry cloth until the stain disappears.
- Finally, sponge the stained carpet with cold water and blot dry.
2. How to clean carpet with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide
This solution is said to be one of the most successful ones to remove stubborn stains. Take a look at the steps to follow to get rid of the stain:
- Create a paste with one part of baking soda and one part of water.
- Mist the solution with water and blot up the excess.
- If you see no effect, then you can dab hydrogen peroxide onto the stained area for effective results.
- Let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse it with cold water and let it dry.
3. Clean dry Coffee stain with detergent
If you have a dried coffee stain, trust me that’s much harder to remove than a fresh one. Well here is how you can easily do the coffee stain removal with homemade carpet cleaning DIY solutions.
- Wet the area with clean warm water to remove already dried coffee stains.
- Make sure to use a clean cloth to blot the wet area. It will help in loosen the coffee stain.
- Always start dabbing at the outer edges and work toward the middle of the stain so you don't spread the coffee stain more.
- Keep dabbing and wetting the area until you feel that most of the stain is removed and that now you need to proceed with some another solution.
- Use an enzyme laundry detergent to help break up the proteins in the stain and clean the stain.
- Take two cups of warm water and a big scoop of detergent.
- Dip a cloth or sponge into the mixture.
- Dab it onto the stained area to loosen the coffee.
- Rinse it well with cool water. Use a clean towel to dab up the water from the carpet.
These were a few stains and their cleaning techniques. We learned how to clean carpet with homemade carpet cleaning baking soda and hydrogen peroxide solution. They don’t just remove stains but also sanitizes the carpet. It helps in removing foul smell from the carpet and keeps it more hygienic. There are many health issues that you would be more likely to face if not given attention to keeping them clean.
Health regards to carpet cleaning:
Not keeping a loop of your carpet cleanliness can result as a huge mistake. You might take it easy but not keeping a regular clean up of your carpet is like an open invitation to many bacteria. In fact it won’t just damage your carpet lifespan but can bring home a lot of infectious diseases.
Especially if you have a kid in your home that crawls, this is really going to get your kid in trouble. This can get your child to suffer from skin allergies and stomach infections. Therefore, it is important to have a proper cleaning done by professionals so that it is sanitized and does no harm to your family and pets.
Other than doing a regular vacuum cleaning, you can get in touch with professionally trained cleaners who can do the cleaning perfectly. This will keep your carpet beautiful, lively, clean, stain free and hygienic.
These simple and money-saving methods will be sufficient when we worry about how to get coffee stains out of carpet.
Concluding the Article
So, bringing this article to a conclusion, am sure you would have learnt about some of the usually opted way. They are effective and are also very feasible. Speaking of which, reminds me of one of the most feasible and easy techniques that is how to clean carpet with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. This solution is easy to prepare and is even easier to execute. Just make sure that you do not let the solution sit for more than what is advised as there are chances that it might discolour your carpet in the process.