update: Aug 2017
There are about hundred carpet cleaner machines on the markets and reading reviews of all of these models will be laborious, frustrated and time consuming. Here I have compiled ultimate general reviews of top rated carpet cleaners for you to have a better understanding about all of those machines. Those top models are the most common choices in which each model has more than 800 positive reviews and some of the top rated models have more than 8,000 reviews. Each model has pros and cons, spend 5 minutes to find out the best carpet cleaner that fits your cleaning routines and in a budget.
- 1 1. Hoover FH50150 Carpet Basics Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner
- 2 2. BISSELL PowerLifter PowerBrush Upright Deep Cleaner, 1622
- 3 3. Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner
- 4 4. Hoover Carpet Cleaner SteamVac with Clean Surge Carpet Cleaner Machine F5914900
- 5 Quick compare: Bissell 1622 vs Hoover SteamVac
- 6 5. Hoover Max Extract 60 Pressure Pro Carpet Deep Cleaner, FH50220
- 7 6. Hoover FH50251PC Power Scrub Elite Pet Carpet Cleaner
- 8 7. Bissell 86T3/86T3Q Big Green Deep Cleaning Professional Grade Carpet Cleaner Machine
- 9 8. Bissell 1548 ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Full-Size Carpet Cleaner
- 10 9. BISSELL SPOTLIFTER 2X ESSENTIAL, RED, 1719T
- 11 10. BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Compact Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner, 14259 – Corded
- 12 11. Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro Full-Size Carpet Cleaner, 1986
- 13 12. Hoover FH11300PC Spotless Portable Carpet & Upholstery Spot Cleaner
- 14 13. BISSELL Spotlifter Powerbrush Handheld Deep Cleaner, 1716B – Corded
- 15 14. Bissell 1887 Proheat Essential Deep Cleaner
- 16 15. Hoover Carpet Cleaner Max Extract Dual V WidePath Carpet Cleaner Machine F7412900
- 17 16. Hoover Carpet Cleaner Max Extract Dual V All Terrain Hardwood Floor and Carpet Cleaner Machine F7452900PC
- 18 17. BISSELL SpotClean ProHeat Portable Spot Cleaner, 5207F
- 19 18. BISSELL Spotbot Pet Handsfree Spot and Stain Cleaner with Deep Reach Technology, 33N8A – Corded
- 20 19. Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner Machine, Red – Corded
- 21 20. BISSELL DeepClean Premier Pet Carpet Cleaner, 17N4
- 22 21. Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 Pet Pack
- 23 22. Hoover Carpet Cleaner Max Extract 77 Multi-Surface Pro Hardwood Floor and Carpet Cleaner Machine FH50240
1. Hoover FH50150 Carpet Basics Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner
Best selling unit !!
The good: the most popular choice models with thousands of positive feedback for its cleaning performance and price value. Good for home cleaning tasks, lightweight, powerful motor and affordable. This Hoover FH50150 has all of the basic functions to clean carpet, upholstery, stain and stairs easily.
The bad: when dealing with soil carpets, there are Hoover FH50150 Carpet Basics Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner several models stronger than the Hoover FH50150.
- Big motor (10 amps. – where 12 amps. motor is the strongest on the market)
- Big cleaning path (11.25 inches –clean room faster)
- Wash and rinse mode (clean the carpet and then wash with water by a switch –good for the home with kids)
- Lightweight (19 lbs. – good for the woman to maneuver around)
Verdict: the Hoover FH50150 is a great choice for regular cleaning tasks at a budget price.
2. BISSELL PowerLifter PowerBrush Upright Deep Cleaner, 1622
Recommended for studio, small room
The good: very affordable. This is one of the classic carpet cleaners with mid-size cleaning path. This model is suitable for room cleaning, home use, studio cleaning to clean thin carpet (about 5 mm). Highly rated by users with over 1,000 feedback, proving Bissell PowerLifter is the wise choice when you are looking for the model at affordable price.
The bad: It does not have upgraded features. Small cleaning path so you need more time to clean bigger room. It is as strong as the Hoover FH50150 Carpet Basics but it does have a smaller cleaning pathway.
- Strong motor (12 amps. – strongest type on the market, therefore, it is capable of cleaning heavy duty traffic area)
- Medium brush head (only 4-row dual rotating brush, which is an old design from Bissell)
- 2 big wheels which will let the carpet cleaner run smoothly
- Dual water tank
Verdict: when you are in a budget under $100, the Bissell 1622 is the rare option that you can trust. It does have a strong motor (12 amps.) therefore it is capable of cleaning heavy duty carpets. The cleaning path is smaller than new models therefore it is not a choice if you have to clean big areas, otherwise the BISSELL PowerLifter PowerBrush Upright Deep Cleaner, 1622 is a great choice for home use.
3. Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner
Recommended as “All-in-one” portable unit
The good: powerful (motor power 6 amps.), ready to use as it is fully established. The Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner has ample accessories for spillage cleaning, stain cleaning, upholstery cleaning. This canister model is capable of cleaning worst stains when using the deep cleaning formula which is included in the package. Highly rated by nearly thousands of users, proving this is one of the best portable models. Recommended for car detailing job
The bad: the weakness of this Bissell 3624 is the hose. It could be damaged after a few years. Recent technologies applied in Hoover Spotless tackle the hose issue, which can be a good alternative to Bissell 3624.
- 13 lbs, 22 cord feet, 2-year warranty, cleaning formulas and a lot of tools for stair, upholstery cleaning.
- 3/4 Gallon Tank
- Professional Tools – 6 inch Stair Tool and Tough Stain Tool
- Large Hose for Extended Cleaning
- 22 inch Power Cord
- Trial Size Bissell 2X Professional Deep Cleaning Formula
Verdict: When talking about portable carpet cleaner, Bissell 3624 is the most popular choice of users. If you are looking for the most robust portable machine, Bissell 3624 is the perfect option.
4. Hoover Carpet Cleaner SteamVac with Clean Surge Carpet Cleaner Machine F5914900
Classic model with cheap price
The good: the second most popular carpet cleaner. There are over 8,100 positive reviews of this model available. Hoover Carpet Cleaner SteamVac is Hoover classic model. This carpet cleaner is adorable because of its price (around $100), powerful motor (12 amps. ), wide cleaning path (11.25 inches), brush speed is adjustable so it can work fairly well on any type of carpet.
The bad: it does not have water /rinse selector, therefore you have to pour the dirty water out of its dual water tank, then to add clean tap water to rinse the carpet. Besides, it does not have water suction feature, therefore you have to wait for hours before the carpet getting dried. It is not as handy as the Hoover FH50150 but it is a powerful, reliable model.
- Tool Mode Stops Spinning Brushes
- Removable Brushes
- Heated Drying
- Powerful 12-amp Motor
- Carpet/Upholstery Detergent
- 1-Year Limited Warranty
Verdict: when you are about to find an upright carpet shampooer around $100, there are just a few models. Hoover Carpet Cleaner SteamVac is the basic type that will let you clean home at a budget.
Quick compare: Bissell 1622 vs Hoover SteamVac
Both are upright carpet cleaner at low price. So how can you choose between those?
- Bissell 1622 has a smaller cleaning path, but it has the water suction feature therefore when you go with Bissell 1622, you need more efforts to clean, but it dries faster.
- Hoover SteamVac has a bigger cleaning path, but it does not have the water suction features. It is good if you have a big area to clean and you do not need to use that carpet within 3 hours.
So, if you are cleaning carpet for smaller room Bissell 1622 is a better deal. If you need to clean hotel rooms for instance where you can spare a few hours to wait, the Hoover SteamVac will save your power.
5. Hoover Max Extract 60 Pressure Pro Carpet Deep Cleaner, FH50220
The good: This model is best known (commercial carpet cleaning machines) for being affordable, strong motor, big cleaning pathway (13 inches), a smart water tank, new brush head design with 60 rotating units. This Max Extract 60 also has a faster carpet drying time by using hot air stream to vaporize the water on the carpet.
The bad: this model has a small water tank, meaning you have to replace the water when cleaning big areas. Also, users find this model use a bit more detergent than Hoover FH50150, it is possible because of the stronger brush head design which is aimed at cleaning a really dirty carpet.
- 13 inches cleaning path, 12 amps motor, 21.9 lbs total weight, Auto Conversion Tools
- 9” Clear Active Hose
- MaxExttract DualV Nozzle Technology
- Patented SpinScrub Brushes
- 2-Year Limited Warranty
Verdict: when you get a lot of dirty carpets have to be cleaned, this Hoover Max Extract 60 Pressure Pro Carpet Deep Cleaner, FH50220 will be a good choice. The 1 Gallon water tank capacity is sufficient for cleaning a 30 x 40 feet room at a time only. If this is your big concern, then pick the Hoover Max Extract 77 (which has a bigger water tank size 1.15 Gallon)
6. Hoover FH50251PC Power Scrub Elite Pet Carpet Cleaner
Recommended as best carpet cleaner of 2017
The good: by far this is the newest carpet cleaner from Hoover, which is packed with a lot of features for busy homes. It has a powerful motor, bigger water tank size, bigger cleaning path so you do not worry about replacing the water regularly. Especially, it has new features: quick clean mode to help you clean the carpet and dry fast in only 45 minutes and deep clean mode for cleaning heavily soiled and dirty stains on the carpet. More than expected, Hoover use antimicrobial materials to make the hose and brush head, therefore the hose will have a longer shelf-life and the brush head will not have mildew or mold on it.
The bad: there is no complaints about this model so far.
- Dries in less than 45 minutes in Quick Clean Mode
- Large Capacity Tanks
- 2-in-1 Antimicrobial Pet Tool
- Lightweight (18.5 lbs.)
- Automatic Detergent Mixing
- Pressurized Edge-to-Edge Cleaning
- DualV Nozzle Technology
- Exclusive SpinScrub Technology- 360 degree
- SmartTanks System
- Heated Cleaning
- 2-year warranty
Verdict: when you are looking for a powerful, easy to use and long lasting carpet cleaner, give Hoover FH50251PC a try because most of the users claimed it is their perfect choice.
7. Bissell 86T3/86T3Q Big Green Deep Cleaning Professional Grade Carpet Cleaner Machine
Recommended for dirty, thick carpet !!
The good: when dealing with thicker carpets, many upright carpet cleaners will fail because of insufficient motor power. At this time, Bissell 86T3/86T3Q Big Green is the last option. The Bissell 86T3/86T3Q Big Green has 2 motors, big water tank (up to 3.75 Gallons) for cleaning a vast area, cleaning dirty carpet with only one cleaning pass so you can save time and labors. Perfect choice for the home with guys loves to help the wives on cleaning tasks because it is very robust and powerful. This model also has thousands positive feedback available, making it the most popular professional carpet cleaner.
The bad: it is a bit expensive. If you can’t buy it at the moment, then you can rent it from Bissell at about $35 a day. Besides, it is a heavy duty machine so a lady might find it a bit heavy to bring upstairs/ downstairs.
Verdict: Bissell 86T3/86T3Q Big Green is the professional/ commercial carpet cleaning machines. It is a side-by-side competitor with Rug Doctor Mighty carpet cleaners. Pick it when you need the most robust machine.
8. Bissell 1548 ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Full-Size Carpet Cleaner
Recommended for pet owner!
The good: this Bissell 1548 ProHeat is highly recommended by pet owners because it can tackle pet messes easily. Besides, it has a low profile foot which is useful when you need to clean under furniture (where your pets love to leave the urines, feces…). The Bissell 1548 ProHeat is featured by lightweight, 12-row rotating brush (three-fold more than Bissell 1622), 2 cleaning modes (which is perhaps the aspiration for Hoover to make Hoover FH50251 newest model), 1 Gallon water tank which is typical on the market.
The bad: Bissell 1548 ProHeat does not have water/rinse selector so you need to replace the water when rinsing the carpet afterward. Besides, it does not have an inbuilt water heater and it is often misunderstood due to the “Proheat” name. What Bissell 1548 ProHeat has is the heating wavelength to keep the water warm during cleaning.
- Deep Clean Mode – Express Clean Mode
- Lightweight design (17.5 lbs) and low-profile foot
- Dual DirtLifter PowerBrushes, Heatwave Technology
- Included are (1) 3″ Tough Stain Tool, (1) Pet Stain Tool, (1) trial sized 8 oz bottle of Deep Clean + Antibacterial Formula cleans and controls odor causing bacteria.
- Included trial sized 8 oz bottle of Professional Deep Cleaning Formula.
- 1 Gallon tank capacity
Verdict: Bissell 1548 ProHeat is a good carpet cleaner for pet owners at an affordable price. There are some other models for pet owners but it is more expensive than Bissell 1548 ProHeat.
9. BISSELL SPOTLIFTER 2X ESSENTIAL, RED, 1719T
Quick spillage pickup!
The good: a cheap, cordless handheld model for quick clean-up spillages or auto detailing jobs. IT can run for 15 minutes which is quite sufficient for quick cleaning. Only around $50, it is a must have tool when you have a salon, a car…where you have to treat mishap spillages and stains frequently.
The bad: the worst thing about this model is charging time. When fully charged it can run for 15 minutes (model 1719) but when fully discharged, it takes up to 12 hours for fully charged again. This is an awful fact of this Bissell Spotlifter 1719T.
- 2.9 lbs
- Handheld cleaner lifts spots, stains, and dirt in one easy step
- cordless design
- 15 minutes of run time
- have brush, spray and suction ability
Verdict: Cleaning mishap spillages or auto detailing will be more convenient with a cordless carpet cleaner. This Bissell Spotlifter 1719T gives you a quick tool for making these tasks more convenient, but remember to charge it overnight so it can be ready for you on next day.
10. BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Compact Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner, 14259 – Corded
Recommended for auto-detailing and pet messes cleaning
The good: this little portable carpet cleaner is the only portable carpet cleaner has a built-in water heater (it will heat the tap water to about 50 degree ( C ) which is optimal for stains removals. It has a slim body and lightweight (around 14 lbs) which is quite handy for auto-detailing, pet messes cleaning. Besides, it is cheaper than Bissell 3624.
The bad: it can’t clean the window as good as Bissell 3624
- 14 lbs, 3 amps. motor, Powerful spray and suction
- Built-in water heater
- Tough Stain Tool and Spraying Crevice Tool
- 15 ft. cord length
- 1-Year Limited Warranty
Verdict: this is a cost-saving portable carpet cleaner for auto-detailing and pet messes cleaning. When dealing with window cleaning or stair cleaning, Bissell 3624 performs better.
11. Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro Full-Size Carpet Cleaner, 1986
The good: Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro Full-Size Carpet Cleaner, 1986 is the newest upright carpet cleaner from Bissell, which might be an upgraded version of Bissell Proheat 1548. This carpet cleaner has a lot of optimized features such as: a sprayer at the brush head to pre-treat worst stains, 2 cleaning modes (quick clean and deep clean, similar to Bissell 1548), bigger water tank, longer cord length, heatwave technology, stronger brush head, removable brush roll cover for easier cleaning, lightweight (17.5 lbs only), a lot of tools and 5 years warranty. Highly recommended for busy homes with pets
The bad: so far there is no negative thing about this model performance, except for the price.
- includes Professional Pet Urine Eliminator + Oxy Formula, 2-in-1
- Upholstery Tool, CleanShot Pretreater, and EZ Clean Brush Roll Cover
- CleanShot Pretreater attacks and removes pet spots and stains
- 2-in-1 Pet Upholstery Tool removes pet hair, stains, and odors from upholstery
- Carpets dry in about an hour with Express Clean Mode
- Includes the trial size of Bissell Professional Pet Urine Eliminator + Oxy, model 1990
Verdict: So far it is the best upright carpet cleaner from Bissell. With 5 year warranty, it is a great deal even it is a bit more expensive than Bissell 1548.
12. Hoover FH11300PC Spotless Portable Carpet & Upholstery Spot Cleaner
Portable unit with great performance + affordable
The good: the best rated portable carpet cleaner model, even it is new (first time arrived on market is the end of 2016). It resolves the hose issue by using antimicrobial materials and having self-cleaning technology. Powerful motor (3.5 amps. which is higher than Bissell Proheat 5027), lightweight (9 lbs), it is a great choice at a budget price (Hoover often has discount on this model)
The bad: it is a bit noisy, to some users but generally speaking its noise level is similar to others such as Bissell Proheat or Bissell 3624.
- Portable, lightweight carpet & upholstery cleaner that can sprays, scrubs and suction
- The only spot cleaner with a self-cleaning hose technology
- Powerful stain removal tool
- 14 foot power cord
- Includes 8 oz bottle expert clean detergent, 4 oz bottle expert clean pre-treat gel and a multipurpose tool with antimicrobial materials to protect the tool against bacteria, mold and mildew
- 9 lbs.
Verdict: this is a ready to go portable unit that you can take home without any hesitation.
13. BISSELL Spotlifter Powerbrush Handheld Deep Cleaner, 1716B – Corded
The good: very inexpensive and it has a long cord (18 ft.), it is a convenient spot cleaner for quick clean up and pet hair pick-up tasks.
The bad: this model has a weak motor (2 amps.) therefore it has a weak suction activity compared to other full-size canister carpet cleaner.
- 18’ power cord
- Rotating brush helps loosen dirt and stains
- Spray, suction cleans and dries in one step
- 12 oz dirty tank capacity
Verdict: because this model is not powerful, it can only be used as a tool for quick cleaning of spillages or picking the pet hair. When you deal with stains more often, this is not a good choice.
14. Bissell 1887 Proheat Essential Deep Cleaner
Affordable, recommended for small home
The good: the Bissell 1887 Proheat Essential Deep Cleaner is a basic upright carpet cleaner, which is an upgraded model of Bissell 1622, therefore, these two models are very similar. The only difference is that Bissell 1887 has more brush units (6 rows) which allow it to scrub and remove the dirt better Bissell 1622. It is also very affordable.
The bad: so far, there are lots of upright carpet cleaners with more features than Bissell 1887 even their prices are very similar. For example, the Hoover FH50150, Hoover Max Extract 60 Pro (when discount) have more features and powerful motors.
- Strong spray and powerful suction
- Large capacity tanks (1 Gallon)
- Heatwave technology p
- 6 cleaning rows
- Tough stain tool and spraying crevice tool
- 19.8 pounds
Verdict: although Bissell 1887 is a good basic carpet cleaner for home, the current pricing of advanced models is more affordable than previous years. It would be recommended to pick latest models so you can clean the carpet conveniently and comfortably.
15. Hoover Carpet Cleaner Max Extract Dual V WidePath Carpet Cleaner Machine F7412900
Heavy duty cleaning
The good: Hoover Max Extract Dual V has bigger cleaning path, it has 6 counter-rotating brush units (Hoover FH50150, hoover SteamVac only has 5 rotating brush units), therefore it provide extra cleaning activities and you can clean the carpet faster. This model has 12 amps. motor, big water tank, 3-speed control, it is quite a powerful tool for cleaning the dirty carpet.
The bad: it is a heavy weight model (31 lbs.) and it does not have water/rinse selector which might be a small trouble if you need to move around
- Widepath Nozzle- with a sixth brush provides 20 percent more
- Exclusive SpinScrub Technology
- Powerful 12-Amp Motor with Heated Cleaning
- SmartTanks System
- Includes a SpinScrub Powered Hand Tool, Upholstery Tool and Removable Tool Caddy
Verdict: compare with Hoover Spinscrub FH50150, Hoover Max Extract 60 pro and Hoover Max Extract 77 multi surfaces carpet cleaner, this Hoover upright carpet cleaner has the sam powerful cleaning activities. However, Hoover Max Extract Dual V is not adorable as the three above models. If you are going for the price, Hoover FH50150 Carpet Basics Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner is the greatest choice. If you are going for the features, the Max Extract 60, Max Extract 77 and Bissell 1986 will be better alternatives.
16. Hoover Carpet Cleaner Max Extract Dual V All Terrain Hardwood Floor and Carpet Cleaner Machine F7452900PC
Recommended for home with carpet, tile and wooden floor
The good: among 4 Hoover Max Extract carpet cleaners, only the Hoover All terrain model F7452900PC is capable of cleaning tiles, hardwood. It is powerful, has a big cleaning pathway (13 inches), big water tank, 3-speed control and other useful tools which are considered as an ultimate carpet cleaner for all cleaning tasks. Whether you clean the upholstery, stair, stain, spillage, carpet, rug, tiles, wooden floor and more, the Carpet Cleaner Max Extract Dual V All Terrain is the only tool you need. Also, it is very affordable with frequent seasonal discounts.
The bad: it is a heavy tool (about 30 lbs.)
- DualV Nozzle Technology
- Heated Cleaning
- Removable Transparent Nozzle
- Carry Handle
- 8 ft. Hose and Removable Tool Caddy
- 20 ft. Power Cord
- Edge Cleaners
- 13″ Nozzle
- Powerful 12 amp Motor
- 30 lbs.
- SpinScrub Powered Hand Tool, Upholstery Tool and Squeegee included
Verdict: Hoover upright carpet cleaners have about 14 designs (about 30 models) and this is one of the top five, namely Hoover Powerscrub FH50150, Hoover SteamVac, Hoover Max Extract 60, Hoover Max Extract 77 and Hoover Max Extract All terrain. These machines will never disappoint you.
17. BISSELL SpotClean ProHeat Portable Spot Cleaner, 5207F
Best for auto-detailing
The good: slim, lightweight, affordable, the BISSELL SpotClean ProHeat Portable Spot Cleaner, 5207F is a good portable model for spot and stain cleaning, especially for auto-detailing. It might be said that Hoover relies on this model to make the Hoover Spotless Portable machine. It features 3 amps. motor which is quite sufficient to treat and tough stains you might have.
The bad: when compare to Hoover Spotless, it is more expensive (about $20) and it does not have auto-hose cleaning technologies as Hoover Spotless model. Therefore, recently a lot of users come to pick the Hoover Spotless rather than Bissell SpotClean. On the other hands, Bissell always has a good customer service than Hoover, therefore when talking about branding, other users feel it is more comfortable to take a Bissell model, so they can be treated better when having issues.
Verdict: Bissell SpotClean or Hoover Spotless? When you are price conscious, take the Hoover model, because both models have very similar functions that are comparable.
18. BISSELL Spotbot Pet Handsfree Spot and Stain Cleaner with Deep Reach Technology, 33N8A – Corded
Automatic portable unit, best for pet mess cleaning in hard-to-reach areas
The good: the only portable carpet cleaner can clean the stain automatically. You just set it up and go away, Bissell Spotbot Pet will do the rest. It is suitable for a home with pets, especially when you have to clean hard to reach areas because you can’t just go to these places and hold the carpet cleaners to remove the stains. It has 3 amps., similar to most of the portable models.
The bad: short power cord (15 ft. , Bissell 3624 cord length is 22 ft.). It would be better if the BISSELL Spotbot Pet Handsfree Spot has a longer cord.
Verdict: BISSELL Spotbot Pet Handsfree Spot carpet cleaner is a great machine when you have to clean hard to reach areas because it will clean on automatic settings. When you have pets, consider of this BISSELL Spotbot Pet Handsfree Spot to save your time and efforts.
19. Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner Machine, Red – Corded
Ultimate portable unit for famous brand
The good: one of the greatest portable carpet cleaner with biggest motor power (10 amps – incredible power), powered hand tools and easy to carry handle. This is one of the most reliable portable carpet cleaner for home use. When you compare the motor power of Rug Doctor Portable carpet cleaner (10 amps.) with Bissell Professional (6 amps.), Hoover Spotless Portable (3.5 amps) and the rest portable models from Bissell (3 amps.), this Rug Doctor is the champion.
The bad: it has a bigger size and weight, therefore when doing auto detailing, people might feel it a bit bulky to handle.
Verdict: If you are price conscious, pick Hoover Spotless. If you are looking for a model for indoor use then pick the Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner Machine or Bissell Professional 3624. When you deal with pets, Bissell Spotbot Pet carpet cleaner will be a perfect choice.
20. BISSELL DeepClean Premier Pet Carpet Cleaner, 17N4
Recommended for pet owners who deal with pet hairs
The good: this is an upright carpet cleaner for pet owners thanks to its internal hair collector basket. When the carpet cleaner sucks the water back, the pet hairs often cause clogging and the machine stops working. But it is not the case with BISSELL DeepClean Premier Pet Carpet Cleaner, 17N4 because it will trap the hair into a separate basket. This model has 12 brush rows, bigger water tank (1.25 Gallons), big motor (12 amps.), specialized pet tools and 3 years warranty. Especially, there is a coupon value $40 that you can apply when choosing this model at the moment.
The bad: heavy (31 lbs.) and expensive more than Bissell 1548 or Bissell 1986 (all these models are for pet owners)
Verdict: If you are pet owners, there are a few upright carpet cleaners that are optimized to treat the pet hairs, including Bissell 1548, Bissell 1986 and Bissell 17N4. The best value is Bissell 1548 because is the cheapest model, the best performance model is Bissell 1986 because it is packed with newer features and the best for dealing with pet hair is Bissell 17N4 (the only model has hair collector).
21. Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 Pet Pack
Ultimate heavy duty performance
The good: one of the strongest carpet cleaner for highest performance. Big motor, biggest water tank, Rug Doctor Mighty is the one you can find at any renting units. It features a 1.74 HP motor, pressure pump, 2 water tanks (3.75 Gallons per each). This model has 5-year warranty.
The bad: heavy (55 lbs.) because it is a professional grade carpet cleaner, and expensive but it worth for the price.
- Commercial GradeWeight: 39 lbs.
- Fill Coverage: 147 sq. ft.
- Dimensions: 26.5″ H 11.5″ W 22″ D
- Adjustable Handle Height: 32.5″ – 36.5″
- Brush Width: 10 in
- Brush Type: Vibrating Vacuum
- Path Width: 10.8 in
- Solution Pump: Single Pump and Two Jets
- Pump Pressure: 28 psiSolution
- Tank Capacity: 3.0 gal
- Recovery Tank Capacity: 3.9 gal
- Vacuum Motor: 1.74 hp
- Water Lift: 101 in
- Electrical Requirement: 120 volts
Verdict: when you are looking for a professional grade, ultimate performance machine, there are only 2 professional carpet cleaners that you can rely upon: Bissell Big Green and Rug Doctor Mighty. Both offers similar performances and prices, therefore, choosing any one will much more depend on your band preference.
22. Hoover Carpet Cleaner Max Extract 77 Multi-Surface Pro Hardwood Floor and Carpet Cleaner Machine FH50240
Best upright model from Hoover
The good: as mentioned above, Hoover Hoover Carpet Cleaner Max Extract 77 is one of the ready-to-buy upright carpet cleaners. It has a high performance, deep cleaning activities for using on multi surfaces. Besides, it is a lightweight model, big cleaning pathway (13 inches) and it has water/rinse selector which is very useful for removing chemical residues after washing your carpet. When compare with Hoover Max Extract 60 Pro, this model has more brush units (60 vs 77). There are around 900 positive reviews of this model available.
The bad: it has a squeegee but users find this is redundant.
Verdict: one of the top rated model from Hoover. If you are looking for the best performance model from Hoover, this Hoover Carpet Cleaner Max Extract 77 obviously the Number 1.
Read other useful resources