Sebo vs Miele
last update: 20th July 2018
Sebo and Miele are two famous floor care manufacturers from Germany. If in the USA, Dyson and Shark are two major brands delivering high-end vacuum cleaners, then in Germany, UK and other EU nations, Miele and Sebo are among most popular choices. This is because both brands are pioneering in many cleaning technologies and their cleaning machines reach a professional grade level.
What we cover in this guide-> Quick navigation
Sebo (stand for “semi-commercial floor care”), indicates their cleaning tools are developed to reach commercial cleaning results. Their machine is featured by user-friendly, reliable and durable as most of the vacuum cleaners are warranted by over 5-7 years.
The innovator of vacuum cleaner industry
Sebo developed many original concepts using in vacuum cleaners such as built-on hose, electrostatic filter, microfiltration, telescopic hose system, 3 layers filtration and more. These concepts are now widely applied in the whole industry by many brands.
S-class allergy filtration
The best part of Sebo vacuum cleaner is about the anti-allergy design. To prevent the dust, dirt, dust mite, pet hair, dead skin escape back to the air, most of the brands on the market rely on HEPA filter which can capture up to 99.97 % of particle size down to 0.3 microns. Some of the best brands using HEPA filter are Dyson, Shark, Hoover, Bissell.
SEBO applies a different filtration technology called S-Class hospital Grade filtration which can absorb up to 99.99% of particle size down to 0.3% which is a bit more efficient than HEPA standard. Many Sebo models are approved by British Allergy Foundation.
Some vacuum cleaners with the best filtration for allergy sufferers such as
- Sebo Automatic series (Sebo X4, Sebo X5 are two most common models) – S-Class filtration
- Dyson V8 absolute HEPA – asthma friendly certified
- Shark APEX Duoclean AX951 – advanced sealed air plus HEPA – 10x more efficient than standard HEPA
- Price: $849.00
- Price: $349.00Was: $399.00
To be able to perform at commercial grade, Sebo vacuum cleaners are made by high-glass ABS which has the rigid and strength better than casual plastic. Every Sebo machine is tested before leaving the factory and all of them are backed by a very long warranty time up to 5-7 years and can be used for 20+ years.
Innovation in performance
Sebo has some unique technologies for better performance such as computer control system that will shut off the motor if the machine deals with blockage, efficient airflow and computer control system for outstanding cleaning results
Best Sebo vacuum cleaners
- Upright: Sebo Automatic X4
- Canister: Airbelt D4 Premium
Miele is also another famous German brand which offers a wider range of vacuum cleaners (canister, stick upright, full-size upright, robot vacuum unit) for different cleaning needs from robust carpet cleaning to automatic floor cleaning. Miele vacuum cleaners are featured by the dynamic cleaning, robust and heavily used, powerful suction, sleek design and a complete array of attachments.
The best part of Miele vacuum cleaners is that, no matter what is your cleaning demands, Miele offers an individual unit to complete your demand.
Exceptional suction power
Miele is a rare brand that uses 2 motors on a vacuum cleaner for suction and agitation the dust on carpet separately.
Filtration combined by HEPA and charcoal for odor reduction
Miele applies Active Airclean (an easy-to-install cassette that adsorbs odors from the bag using charcoal, which is extremely useful for pet owners who don’t wish to change the bag after every cleaning) or HEPA standards for their units. Therefore, Miele vacuum cleaners are also very friendly to users with pets and asthma person
For each product line, Miele has a unique design to give users more comfortability such as variable suction control, easy to control handle, automatic cable rewind, swivel castor…
Most of the units come with 5 or 7 years warranty.
Best Miele vacuum cleaners
- Canister – Miele complete C3 series
- Stick – Swing H1
- Upright- Dynamic U1 cat and dog
- Robot – Scout RX1
Compare Sebo vs Miele
Let’s compare best Sebo vacuum cleaners vs Miele models to see the benefits and limitations of them.
- Upright: Sebo Automatic X4 vs Miele Dynamic U1 cat and dog
- Canister: Airbelt D4 Premium vs Miele C3 complete
Compare Sebo vs Miele upright vacuum cleaner
Sebo Automatic X4 and Miele Dynamic U1 cat and dog are two most popular choices for these brands. These two models have massive suction power, excellent allergy filtration system, great convenience, easy maintenance and more than 5+ year warranty from German brands.
- Sebo X4 uses a motor of 12 amps rating (1300W) , creating an airflow of over 103 CFM.
- Miele Dynamic U1 cat and dog uses a motor power of 1400W which delivers massive suction power which is measure at 140 CFM.
Both these upright units are very powerful when talking about suction level. While Sebo X4 has a bit less power than Miele Dynamic U1 (cat and dog model), they are very robust, comparable to Dyson strongest model (Animal 2) or Shark strongest model (APEX AX951)
Winner: Miele Dynamic U1
- Sebo Automatic X4 uses S-class pre motor filtration layers combined with a sealed 3 layers dust bag to capture 99.99% of allergen (size down to 0.3 microns). Sebo Automatic X4 is recommended by British Allergy foundation as an excellent unit for users with allergies.
- Miele Dynamic U1 cat and dog combines an Auto-Seal closing FilterBag, air clean filter (with charcoal components) and HEPA filter to capture 99.97% of allergen (size down to 0.3 microns).
Both models use the greatest filtration system which is comparable. To this extent, we see a tier winner of both models.
Dust bin capacity
- Sebo X4 uses a 3 layers bag capable of storing up to 1.4 Gallon
- Miele Dynamic U1 uses its Airclean bag capable of storing up to 1.34 Gallon (5.45 quarts)
These units have a generous bag volume ensuring you to vacuum the whole home without the need to empty the bag (like the compact upright vacuum).
Winner: both models have a tie here
Sebo Automatic X4 has a lot of exclusive features giving users a very high usability level including
- Automatic height adjustment to adapt to different surfaces from bare floors to high pile carpets
- Damage prevention – when the brush is dealing with a big obstruction (a cloth for example), the machine will automatically shut off to prevent possible damages to the belt and the motor.
- Light on the brushroll for a better visual view
- Easy to remove brushroll
- Rubber coated wheels to prevent floor damage
- Be able to lay flat to clean under furniture
- A long cord up to 40 ft
- A lot of accessories
- Very low noise
- 5 years warranty
Miele Dynamic U1 also possesses a lot of impressive benefits such as
- Automatic height adjustment to fit different floor types. This unit uses a motor for suction power and on the brush, there is another motor for better agitation.
- The model has 4 suction levels that you can adjust manually to fit with different surfaces from smooth floor to deep pile carpet or curtain.
- The combination of Active air clean filter and HEPA will neutralize the bad smells and this is a great value of Miele Dynamic U1
- Swivel steering (it has a patented Swivelneck) allows the unit to maneuver around obstacles better
- Quickly released cord with long cord up to 46ft
- A lot of accessories
- Accepted noise level
- 7-year warranty
- Sebo X4 also has some downsides. First, it is expensive and it does not have variable suction control
- Miele Dynamic U1 is also expensive (in the same price range with Sebo rival) and it is a heavy unit (up to 21 lbs.)
Sebo Automatic X4 has powerful suction, although it is a bit lesser than Miele model. It is also has been optimized for convenience and ultimate performance. Miele Dynamic U1 has serious suction power, exceptional features but it is more heavy.
Compare Sebo vs Miele canister vacuum cleaner
Airbelt D4 Premium vs Miele C3 complete
Sebo Airbelt D4 Premium canister vacuum is highly rated for its strong suction, S-class filtration that is highly recommended for allergy users, quiet when running, extended reach up to 52 ft cleaning reach, cleans well on both bare floor and carpets. This canister unit has 4 brush settings, variable suction control, a lot of on-board tools and very durable with a 5-year warranty.
Miele C3 complete offers similar benefits to Sebo model but it has up to 9 variations to serve for different individual needs. Let’s compare Sebo Airbelt D4 Premium vs Miele C3 complete
- Sebo Airbelt D4 Premium uses a motor of 1250W to give up to 120 CFM airflow
- Miele C3 complete also features a high voltage motor of 1200W to deliver up to 158 CFM suction power.
Both models use a highly efficient motor and deliver paramount airflow levels.
Winner: Miele C3 complete
- Sebo Airbelt D4 Premium uses S-class filtration system
- Miele C3 complete uses HEPA filtration system
Winner: a tie
Dust bag capacity
- Sebo Airbelt D4 Premium has a 1.5 Gallon dust bag. When the bag is full or clogged, there is a light indicator to notify users.
- Miele C3 complete has a dust bag of 1.5 Gallon. Depending on the variation there can have a full bag indicator or not
Winner: a tie
- Sebo Airbelt D4 Premium uses a long cord up to 40 ft, 52-foot cleaning radius, protective rubber-coated wheels, a durable telescopic tube with a quick-release connection. The brushroll can lay flat with only 3 1/2’’ height profile so you can reach under furniture easily.
- Miele C3 complete has a shorter cord up to 23 ft, 36 ft cleaning radius, a stainless steel wand.
Winner: Sebo Airbelt D4 Premium
- Sebo Airbelt D4 Premium is a bit heavy (15.9 lbs)
- Miele C3 complete is lighter (11.8 lbs.)
Winner of weight: Miele C3 complete
Sebo Airbelt D4 is flexible, long cord can lay flat on floor but it is heavy. Miele C3 is more portable and easy for personal customization despite the cord is a bit short.
Price of Sebo and Miele vacuum cleaners
Check for the current price of Sebo Automatic X4, Sebo Airbelt D4 Premium, Miele Dynamic U1 cat and dog and Miele C3 complete below.
- Price: $849.00
- Price: $449.00
- Price: $1,049.00Was: $1,099.00
You might love