What we cover in this guide-> Quick navigation
- Hoover Carpet Cleaner Reviews
- Hoover carpet cleaner: The top common choice
- Hoover upright carpet cleaner
- Hoover Portable Carpet & Upholstery Spot Cleaner
- Common Question about Hoover carpet cleaner
last update: 15th August 2018
- Hoover is one of the best carpet cleaner manufacturers because most of their machines are highly rated from users for cleaning performance and decent price.
- There are 14 Hoover upright carpet cleaners and 4 Hoover portable carpet cleaners, giving the customers a lot of choices for any cleaning purposes.
- The best thing about Hoover carpet washer is that, their models are generally cheaper than leading competitors (Bissell, Rug Doctor) when comparing the same features and functions. However, Bissell wins Hoover regarding of customer services and specialized models.
Let’s review about Hoover carpet cleaning machines.
Hoover carpet cleaner: The top common choice
The below 3 models are best Hoover cleaning machines for the year of 2018. These models offer a lot of new features and cheaper than rivals in price. You can read full reviews of each model below or check the current price by clicking the photo.
Hoover upright carpet cleaner
The 14 Hoover upright carpet cleaners can be divided into 4 main groups
Hoover SteamVac carpet cleaner
The Hoover SteamVac Carpet cleaner is the classic range from this brand, which has been on the market for over 10 years. Despite it is classic, nowadays the Hoover SteamVac still be the first choice of users who want nothing else just a basic carpet cleaner at cheap price (around $100). Because this machine is trusted by over 10,000 users, choosing the Hoover SteamVac will ensure you to have a decent machine to clean your carpet regularly.
There are some versions of the Hoover SteamVac include
- SteamVac carpet cleaning with clean surge F5914900
- SteamVac Plus carpet cleaning with clean surge F5914901NC
The difference between these two models are about water tank design. The SteamVac Plus carpet cleaning with clean surge F5914901NC has removable water tank/solution tank but the F5914900 does not have. Therefore, the SteamVac Plus is a bit more handy than the other one.
Pros and cons of Hoover SteamVac
- Pros: Cheap, easy to use, efficient cleaning, durable, available spare parts
- Cons: noisy, no new features as Hoover Max Extract line
Hoover Max Extract carpet cleaner
The Hoover MaxExtract line is the strongest upright carpet cleaners from Hoover. It features a 10 amps -12 amps motor to give a lot of suction activities. Compared with SteamVac line, the Hoover Max Extract has much more powerful cleaning capacity, deep cleaning, worst stain cleaning, faster carpet drying time, bigger water tank, bigger cleaning pathway, clean on multi-surface. Besides, the brush head is also optimized for deeper and even cleaning on the surface. It is suitable for busy home, home with a lot carpets, people with pets and tough stains.
There are 3 versions
- Hoover Max Extract 60 Pro Carpet Cleaner: common choice, best rated carpet cleaner from Hoover (Read Reviews)
- Hoover Max Extract 77 Multi-surface Carpet Cleaner: when you need to clean the tile and wooden floor, this Hoover Max Extract 77 is a more suitable version. (Read Reviews)
- Hoover Max Extract All-Terrain Carpet Cleaner: most powerful from Hoover with 12 amps motor. This can be seen a bit stronger than the Max Extract 77 Multi-surface Carpet Cleaner.
Hoover Carpet Basic Cleaner with clean surge
Hoover Carpet Basic is the “No.1 Best Carpet Cleaner”, rated by most of the reviewers in terms of price (cheap), efficiency, lightweight (18.1 lbs) but still powerful enough (10 amps motor) for pet mess cleaning. With nearly ten thousands users choose the Hoover Carpet Basic as the best for regular home use, you will satisfy with the performance of this model. There are some Carpet Basic with clean surge models but the Hoover FH50150 (Read Reviews) is the most chosen one.
Compare Hoover SteamVac, Hoover Max Extract, Hoover Carpet Basic Cleaner with clean surge
- To keep it short, if you are looking for a basic carpet cleaner for regular cleaning, regular dirt type and cost effective, then go for Hoover Carpet Basic Cleaner with clean surge or SteamVac.
- If you are looking for a carpet cleaner to clean tougher stains and dirt with faster carpet drying time, then go for Hoover Max Extract 60 Pro. Only when you need to clean the tile or wooden floor together, choose the Hoover Max Extract 77.
New-Released Hoover upright carpet cleaner
Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet carpet cleaner FH50251PC (Read Full Reviews)
Hoover FH50251PC is the latest model so far on the market which Hoover put all of the latest technologies into this machine. Especially, this Hoover FH50251PC is aimed at pet owners and it is made with anti-microbial materials pet tool and brush roll. Highlight features such as fastest carpet drying time (45 mins), bigger water tank size (more 25%), rinse mode to remove detergent residue, lightweight. If you are looking for a carpet cleaner for pet messes and pet hair, it is the great one at the moment.
Hoover Portable Carpet & Upholstery Spot Cleaner
The Hoover portable carpet cleaner is similar in design to Bissell Proheat but it has a stronger motor (3.5 amps. vs. 3.0 amps), and it is made with antimicrobial materials to avoid the bacteria and mildew developments. The machine also has auto cleaning hose feature which will extend the hose life for longer time.
There are several models available such as
The Hoover FH11300PC Spotless Portable Carpet & Upholstery Spot Cleaner is a common choice (it is around $100 and has a high rating ), but if you are about to clean the tile and floor more often, take the Hoover FH11400PC Spotless version since it has more tools for cleaning these areas.
Compare Hoover Portable Carpet & Upholstery Spot Cleaner with Bissell portable carpet cleaner
At the same price range, Hoover Portable Carpet & Upholstery Spot Cleaner is similar to Bissell Proheat (nearly $100 range) but it has a lot of advanced features (auto hose cleaning, antimicrobial materials, 3.5 amps motor) so it can be a greater deal. The motor of Hoover Portable Carpet & Upholstery Spot Cleaner is corresponding to the strongest portable unit from Bissell (Bissell Professional SpotClean) so they can be regarded side by side competitors.
Common Question about Hoover carpet cleaner
What is the best carpet cleaner on the market?
There is no direct answer to this question because the best carpet cleaner is depended much on your demand. For some users, a $100 upright model will be the best one, but for others they may need a more robust, powerful professional grad carpet cleaner. To answer this question yourself, you can read our ultimate carpet cleaner reviews where each carpet cleaner on the market is featured with pros and cons.
You can rent a carpet cleaner at rental unit and the most common versions they give are Bissell Big Green or Rug Doctor Mighty Pro, which has a renting price of $35 per day on average. However, investing a carpet cleaner will be a wise choice because you can save a lot of money in long terms. Read Bissell Big Green Reviews to have a better understanding of the carpet cleaner at rental place.
You may love to read
Best carpet cleaner reviews: Discover the most popular, high rating and affordable carpet washer of the last 5 years
Best steam mop reviews: Find the best rated steam mop from Bissell, Shark, O-Cedar
Best carpet cleaner, vacuum cleaner deals : Curated best deals to save more