What we cover in this guide-> Quick navigation
last update: 10th December 2018
Hoover Portapower CH30000, Sanitaire SC3683A and Oreck Commercial BB900DGR XL Pro 5 are the most popular commercial canister vacuums.
Each model is highly rated by nearly a thousand of users which is many fold more than the rest rivals.
So, let’s discuss their similarities, differences with pros and cons of each model to see what will deliver the best value to you.
Skip the compare? -> Check their price list
Both three models are coming from famous brands. They have similar designs (a central canister unit with shoulder strap and a lot of accessories), compact and super lightweight for flexibility and portability to clean corners, edges, stairways, floors and more. Also, they are in the same price range (low price). Each model uses its own technologies for making the motor to deliver great suction ability.
When we consider the features and added value, each model shows clear differences, therefore, depending on your needs, Hoover Portapower CH30000 can be a more suitable unit than Oreck Commercial XL Pro 5 or vise versa.
Hoover Portapower CH30000 and Sanitaire SC3683A use a single-stage motor with high ampere rating to give high suction ability (Hoover Portapower CH30000 is 13.7 amps and Sanitaire SC3683A is 12 amps). Because the use of such powerful motors, both these models can suck up dust, debris, and cereals without issue.
Oreck Commercial BB900DGR XL Pro 5 uses a unique 2-stage bypass motor. Actually, a two-stage bypass motor is more powerful than the single-stage motor and it can suck the dust at a very tiny size which is very good for people with allergies. In most cases, a 2 stage motor will go down below 1 micron. A single stage pump is generally specified out at less than 15 microns . (source: hyvac.com). However the Oreck motor power is 4-amps only, therefore, it suction power is not as high as Hoover and Sanitaire models, but it can suck finer particles to give cleaner air.
- Winner of suction power: Hoover Portapower CH30000 and Sanitaire SC3683A
- Winner of suction efficiency: Oreck Commercial BB900DGR XL Pro 5
Because Hoover and Sanitaire models have a higher weight, they are able to store more dust and dirt. Specifically,
- Sanitaire SC3683A: 2.6 Quart
- Hoover Portapower CH30000:4.5 Quart
- Oreck Commercial BB900DGR XL Pro 5: 1 Quart
- Winner on dust capacity: Hoover Portapower CH30000
- Sanitaire uses HEPA filter
- Hoover and Oreck does not use HEPA filter
All of them are bagged models, you can use disposable paper bags for dust collection or reusable cloth bags for heavier and sharper particles (only Hoover and Sanitaire have cloth bag option)
- Winner on filtration: Sanitaire SC3683A because it use HEPA filter and it can use two types of dust bags so it is more flexible for you to clean various kinds of messes
Weight and tools
- Sanitaire SC3683A: 10 lbs, dusting brush crevice tool (5 tools)
- Hoover Portapower CH30000: 8.3 lbs, 5 tools similar to Sanitaire but it shows a better quality (swivel head design on the brush tools)
- Oreck Commercial BB900DGR XL Pro 5: 5 lbs, 8 tools
- Sanitaire SC3683A: 20 ft
- Hoover Portapower CH30000: 33 ft
- Oreck Commercial BB900DGR XL Pro 5: 30 ft
- Sanitaire SC3683A: 2 years
- Hoover Portapower CH30000: 2 years
- Oreck Commercial BB900DGR XL Pro 5: 1 year
Exclusive features of each model
The best benefits of this model are that it uses HEPA filter therefore if you are having breathing issue or allergies, Sanitaire SC3683A is a good option.
Hoover Portapower CH30000
This unit has a built-in blower, therefore, you can use it as a vacuum or a blower so it is more flexible for cleaning your home
Oreck Commercial BB900DGR XL Pro 5
This model is extremely lightweight and it uses 2 stage bypass motor to suck up finer dust, therefore, it is a good option for ladies and for cleaning dust on tight areas such as the window, stair ceiling, fan…
With the above clarification, we hope you can figure out which commercial canister vacuum will work for you. To sum up,
- Sanitaire SC3683A: powerful, good air filter
- Hoover Portapower CH30000: powerful, biggest dust capacity and good in features (blower plus two type of dust bags)
- Oreck Commercial BB900DGR XL Pro 5: extremely lightweight, good for treating dust in corners
- Price: $103.83Was: $105.44
- Price: $101.72Was: $149.51
- Price: $88.21Was: $123.75
You may love to read
- Best carpet cleaner, vacuum cleaner deals : Curated best deals to save more
- Commercial vacuum cleaner buying guide