What we cover in this guide-> Quick navigation
- Best vacuum cleaner under 100 range
- Vacuum under 100 – what you can expect
- How to choose a vacuum under 100 – quick buying tips
- Best rated vacuum cleaner under 100 list 2018
- Best rated vacuum cleaner under 100 model reviews – 2018
- 1. Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik Lightweight Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum, SD20000RED
- 2. Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless Vacuum with OnePass
- 3. Eureka Mighty Mite Corded Canister Vacuum Cleaner, 3670G
- 4. Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with Drop-Sensing Technology and Powerful Suction
- 5. Dibea 600W Lightweight Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaner – corded stick with HEPA
- 6. Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, BH50010
last update: 20th July 2018
If you are on a tight budget, read our definitive guide to get the best tips for choosing a great vacuum cleaner under 100 bucks, along with our best-rated models for your quick considerations.
Skip the intro? -> Jump to the best vac under 100 list 2018
Vacuum under 100 – what you can expect
Vacuum cleaner industry is very dynamic. With over a dozen of trusted brands, a vacuum cleaner price can fluctuate from as low as 50 dollars up to a few thousand.
They can come in all of the design and shape
At the range of 100 dollars, there are a lot of design you can choose from, such as corded/ cordless unit, stick vacuum, bagless/ bagged unit, canister and full-size upright unit. Moreover, there are a few models that have HEPA filtration which is very good for users with allergy and pets.
Depending on your cleaning demands, you should pick a model which is suitable for your home circumstance. For example, a full-size upright unit (the most common choice) will help you to clean the whole home surfaces, a cordless unit will give you more portability but it will have short using time and weaker suction power, a canister unit is more flexible and suitable for small apartments.
They can have the powerful suction level
The most important factor in any vacuum is suction power. Thankfully there are many models at 100 range using standard motor power to give massive suction. Most of the brands these days are using a high voltage motor (upright unit: from 10 amps to 12 amps; canister unit: from 6 amps to 12 amps) combined with a particular air system (cyclonic air system with many tiers of cyclones are very common) to deliver great suction level. Therefore, even at the low price, you can find a great unit with standard suction power as compared to more expensive models.
They can have a good filtration system
While there are a few models at 100 bucks have HEPA filtration, a lot of units use multi-filtration level for dust capture. This type of filtration is based on charcoal, odor filter combined with rinsable foam layers to capture the dust and smell. To a user with asthma, this level of filtration is not recommended but to a casual user, the use of the multi-filtration system is accepted and more cost efficient.
They can be bagged or bagless
You might choose a unit with a bag (cloth bag or paper bag are also available to some models) for different cleaning purposes or without the bag to save more money on long-term use.
They have great feedback from thousands of users
Despite they are cheap, this does not necessarily you have to get a crappy unit. There are a lot of units with the highest rating from thousands of users for the value and the performance of the unit when using as its intended purpose.
They will have basic features
One of the main factors that setting low price vacuum apart from the higher one is the feature of the unit. With the price of around 100 dollars, you may realize the vacuum cleaner will not have fancy features, for example, a sealed air system, LEDs light on the nozzle, great additional attachments, smart sensors or noise insulation system.
How to choose a vacuum under 100 – quick buying tips
Define your cleaning demands to figure out the most suitable design, as a general rule
- Upright – most suitable for users who need a whole home cleaning machine from bare floors, carpets, area rugs to stair and upholstery surfaces
- Canister – most suitable for users who have to move around, home with bare floors and stairs. Canister unit under 100 range is more likely fail when cleaning medium pile carpets and high pile carpets
- Cordless stick – most suitable for users who need a quick cleaning for the shop, studios where there are a lot of edges and corners with a small to medium floor footage as it can run for short time (cordless unit under 100 can run under 20 minutes mostly)
Second, think of your floor type.
If your floor is covered by tile, sealed laminate or wooden floor, you can choose an upright or a canister version (with good wheels to prevent floor damage).
On the other hand, if you have mixed floor surfaces (bare floors, carpets, rugs…) you should better choose an upright unit with a good brushroll design as a canister unit under 100 range does not have the great tool for removing dust and pet hair out of carpets like the upright can do
Third, if you have breathing issue, you should choose the unit with HEPA filter
Fourth, if you have pets that shed hair daily, you should pay attention to the brushroll (is it tangle-free or not, is it suitable for picking up pet hair…)
Beside these factors, you might need to consider the machine weight, the ergonomic value, the brand, durability, additional cost (like buying bags) to finalize your best choice.
Best rated vacuum cleaner under 100 list 2018
Best rated vacuum cleaner under 100 model reviews – 2018
1. Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik Lightweight Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum, SD20000RED
Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik is recommended for users who need a flexible vacuum cleaner for whole home cleaning at the lowest price. The unit is chosen by over a dozen thousand users for over 5 years. It is lightweight, easy to use and pick up pet hair well.
- This is the most popular corded stick vacuum on the market
- It is one of the cheapest stick units with the high rating
- Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik is very flexible. It can work as a detail vac, upright vac, and a handheld vac.
- The unit is lightweight (about 4 lbs), corded, bagless with the rinsable filter so you do not need maintenance cost.
- It uses a motor of 1.5 amps rating, therefore, it is powerful when using as a handheld model more than an upright.
Pros and cons
- Cheap and flexible to use on various surfaces
- Reliable with over 5 years on the market and it is chosen by over 14 thousand feedback
- Easy to use
- It has a low motor rating, therefore, it is more efficient when using as a handheld rather than an upright unit.
- The cord is 16 ft only
Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik is one of the most popular stick unit and it is incredibly cheap. The unit is suitable for cleaning the studio, dormitory, small apartment with bare floors and places with a lot of furniture and less debris. It can also be used for the home with pets too. If you want a higher performed model with HEPA, then check Dibea 600W Lightweight Corded Stick (which is also under 100 range)
2. Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless Vacuum with OnePass
Bissell 9595A CleanView is highly recommended for users who are looking for a full-size upright vacuum cleaner under 100 range. This unit has a high rating from thousand users for it’s throughout cleaning efficiency. It can clean multiple surfaces and has an extremely powerful suction level by using a motor of 12 amps from Bissell. It works amazingly on both hard floors and area rugs.
- Bissell 9595A CleanView is one of Bissell most famous vacuum cleaner with a huge success. This unit is developed from Bissell’s legendary unit Bissell 1330 cleanview bagless model by modifying the motor and improving the brush head design.
- Bissell 9595A CleanView can be optimized for pet hair cleaning and odor control by inserting a Febreze (model 12151), an odor filter of Bissell that is placed at the post-motor position.
- Bissell 9595A CleanView is the most popular upright vacuum cleaner under 100 range
- This unit has a powerful suction level by the combination of a standard motor 12 amps and Bissell multi-cyclonic air system, which is somehow similarly constructed with expensive models from Dyson.
- The brush head is improved with OnePass technology which enables to deep clean the carpets and rugs from the first passing stroke.
- It also has a large dust bin (bagless design), lightweight (15 lbs. which is the standard weight for a full-size upright), washable filters and a lot of on-board tools.
- Especially, it has the turbo tool which is very efficient when picking up pet hair on upholstery and stair.
- Last but not least, the dust bin is designed with the easy empty feature so you can empty it with a single button touch only.
At the price under 100 range, it is the most satisfied upright model for whole home use.
Pros and cons
- Cheap, reliable and powerful performance
- Suitable for cleaning all surfaces
The downside of this model is that it does not have brush roll on/off feature. This feature allows you to clean wall-to-wall high pile carpet easily. Therefore if your home is covered mostly by medium to high pile carpet, you should pick the alternative version of Bissell Cleanview series (the Bissell Cleanview Deluxe Rewind 1322, luckily it is also around 100 range)
Bissell 9595A CleanView is a great choice for users who are looking for the best upright unit under 100 range. It is recommended for the home with mixed floor types and pet owners.
3. Eureka Mighty Mite Corded Canister Vacuum Cleaner, 3670G
Eureka Mighty Mite Corded Canister Vacuum Cleaner, 3670G is one of the most popular canister vacuum at the low price which is designed for an efficient cleaning. The unit uses a motor of 12 amps rating, a lot of on-board tools and can be converted into a blower which is very useful when cleaning tight areas in car or cleaning mattress.
This model is recommended if you are dealing with bare floor cleaning, above surfaces cleaning and car cleaning. It is not designed for cleaning carpets and area rugs though.
- It is the most popular canister under 100 range with over 4 thousand feedback
- It is lighter than a lot of rivals (just about 11 lbs)
- It is a bagged design
There are some other canister units under 100 range but this model is the most popular choice. What setting it apart from the others is the strong suction power by using a motor of 12 amps (other models use weaker motors)
For example, when comparing this Eureka 3670G with other rivals at the same price range
- Bissell Zing Rewind Bagless Canister VacuumDirt Devil Tattoo Crimson Bouquet Bagged Canister Vacuum, SD30040BB motor rating – 10 amps motor
- Kenmore 10701 Bagless Compact Canister -11 amps motor
And it is able to convert to a blower. This is a rare feature of that is hardly found on dry canister unit.
The models have all of the required on-board tools for personal customization. It is a bagged design so that you can empty the bag without any hassle and bag cost is also very cheap too (about 1 buck per filter bag).
With more features, more suction power and the same price range, Eureka Mighty Mite Corded Canister Vacuum Cleaner, 3670G stands out as the most popular canister model for home use under 100 range.
Pros and cons
- Cheap, efficient and powerful suction
- Fingertips control and blower port included
- Noise level is a concern. This unit has a high noise level which is a very common characteristic of any vacuum under 100 range. If this is one of your biggest issues, then you might need to spend more for a quiet canister vacuum (Miele canister C3 complete is the most popular and highly rated) but it will cost you 4x time.
- The attachment floor tool performs on the bare floor better than carpets.
Eureka Mighty Mite is the most popular option and highly recommended when you are looking for a canister vacuum under 100. The model has full features and adds the blower port which makes it more versatile.
4. Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with Drop-Sensing Technology and Powerful Suction
If your need is to have an automatic cleaning tool for your tile, laminate without the requirements of advanced features, then a low price robotic vacuum cleaner can be a good option. Several brands like ILIFE, Ecovacs, Xiaomi have models around 100 range, but the most recent model from Housmile is more popular and this unit has a very high rating from a lot of users.
- Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner is the first innovation of Housmile brand. While the brand is new in vacuum industry, but it is a very famous brand in the intelligent and digital device manufacture for many years with a lot of products like the electric thermometer, digital sensors, vacuum sealer…
- Housmile vacuum is designed for cleaning bare floors rather than carpets (despite the manufacturer mentioned it is possible to clean thin carpets). This is because the model uses a direct suction port underneath and it does not have a brush roll to remove the embedded dust and pet hair out of the carpets like Roomba models.
- When using as it intended purpose, it works amazingly due to using high suction motor (1000 Pa), long run time ( about 90 minutes) by using a 2600 mAh Li-ion battery and the unit can cover 1600 sq ft per single charge.
- Low price – there is a few unit under 100 range and this housmile vacuum cleaner is one of the most popular among them.
- Powerful suction – the housmile robot vacuum uses a standard motor for any robotic unit (1000 Pa) to deliver similar suction power to high-end model
- Long run time – 2600 mAh delivers over 90-minute running time with 2 working modes
- Adequate smart features: infrared-sensor for detecting the obstacles and drop-sensing technology to avoid falling out of the floor
- Quiet when running
Pros and cons
- Cheap, powerful suction and perform well on bare floors
- Long battery run time, less maintenance
As expected, this unit does not have advanced features. There is not wifi connection, no virtual wall, auto recharge and resume working, smart mapping technology…The unit does not have brush roll for cleaning carpets. These features can be found on robotic vacuum cleaner at the higher price only (above 200)
Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner is recommended for users who have bare floors and want to find an automatic cleaning machine when they are doing other things at home. The unit has no wifi, therefore, you can’t schedule the cleaning routine when you are not there.
5. Dibea 600W Lightweight Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaner – corded stick with HEPA
If Dirt Devil stick is the best by price, then this Dibea 600W Lightweight Corded Stick is the best value and performance stick unit. This Dibea stick vacuum has retained the same configuration with Dirt Devil model (corded, lightweight, flexible) but adding more features such as a higher motor power rating (5 amps), a HEPA filtration, a variable suction control, a longer cord (19.7 ft) and bright LED lights. The best thing is that is it also very cheap too.
- Dibea 600W Lightweight Corded Stick is the corded stick unit under 100 with a high rating from users
- It is a rare unit with advanced HEPA filtration which is a great feature.
- Low price
- Stronger suction power for a more throughout cleaning from various floor types to upholstery and stairs.
- The filtration system of Dibea 600W is much better than many corded sticks (as it has HEPA filter)
Pros and cons
- Great suction; picks up dog hair well.
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Long cord for better maneuverability
- Smooth motion with swivel head
- Compact size
- LEDs light is a great bonus
- Stands up on its own so easy to store
- Does not scratch hardwood floors
- It is loud therefore it is not recommended for the old person
Dibea 600W Lightweight Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaner is a well-built unit for whole-home cleaning. It is recommended if you have pets or breathing issue, however, you should notice the noise level of this unit before buying. Check this video to see if the noise level of this Dibea 600W is suitable for you or not
6. Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, BH50010
Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, BH50010 is highly recommended for those seeking for a cordless stick unit under 100 range. This model is the most popular cordless stick on the market too. Despite Hoover has released later cordless series (Hoover REACT and Hoover Fusion), Hoover Linx is still very favorable for its cleaning efficiency and cheap price.
- Cordless stick vacuum cleaner is one of the major design of the vacuum industry, therefore, you can find up to 60+ cordless stick models on the market.
- Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, BH50010 is the most popular cordless unit on the market so far. Appeared on the market since 2013, its performance is comparable to update units with newer technologies.
- It is designed for floor cleaning purpose only because this unit does not have attachment or a hose. Therefore, you can’t use the model for upholstery cleaning.
- It is well constructed, cheap and reliable has had a long sale tracking record
- It has a moderate runtime (about 20- 25 minutes), which is equal to Dyson V6 and far better than cordless stick from Bissell, Eureka…
- It is a cordless unit so you can maneuver around easily
- It has a moderate run time up to 25 minutes
- It has strong suction, work efficiently on many surfaces from bare floors to medium pile carpets
- It has a wider cleaning path which is a bonus for faster cleaning
- It has the ergonomic design: powered brushroll for more suction, fingertips control, visible battery gauge, edge cleaning capacity and easy to empty dust bin
- It is quiet when running
Pros and cons
- Good suction power, flexible to clean all surfaces type and easy to maneuver
- It is lightweight and compact
- Cheap and has a well-documented working history from thousands of users
- There are no attachment kits for this unit
- It is not able to be converted into a handheld unit
Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, BH50010 is suitable for the home with medium footage covered by bare floors and low pile carpets. It is a great option if you are looking for a gift idea for friends or parents.
You may love to read
Best vacuum cleaner reviews and buying guide: Discover the best rated, advanced feature vac in 2018
Best vacuum cleaner under $200: Find the most popular vac in the higher range
Best portable carpet cleaner: Discover the most popular portable unit from Bissell, Hoover, Rug Doctor