Update: October, 2017
- 1 The best carpet shampooer/ washer reviews 2017
- 1.1 #1.Vax VRS5W Rapide Spring Carpet Washer, Cleaning Width 25 cm, 500 W
- 1.2 #2. Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Pre-Treatment Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
- 1.3 #3. BISSELL Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine
- 1.4 #4. Rug Doctor Mighty Pro
- 1.5 #5. Bissell SpotClean Portable Carpet Cleaner
- 1.6 #6. Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Multivax Dry Vacuum and Carpet Washer
- 2 How to buy the best carpet washer- the carpet cleaner buying guide 2017
The best carpet shampooer/ washer reviews 2017
There are a lot of factors involved when choosing a perfect carpet cleaner for your cleaning purposes. Among hundreds of models available on the markets, finding the best carpet cleaner will become a cumbersome task because you have to understand the machine elements such as suction power, brush head design, water tank design, upholstery cleaning power, pet mess cleaning ability and so on. Therefore, we have analyze over 95 types of carpet cleaners and bring to you the carpet cleaner buying guide, hopefully to equip you enough information to get the best deal within the budget.
We appreciate your time of studying our buying guide and we realize that some of you may not have enough time to read and to research the market. Therefore we come up with a list of the best carpet cleaner based on our analysis and thousands customer reviews who have purchased the carpet cleaner.
The best carpet cleaner, carpet shampooer reviews for regular use 2017
#1.Vax VRS5W Rapide Spring Carpet Washer, Cleaning Width 25 cm, 500 W
Recommended for regular cleaning tasks with the most affordable price
The Vax VRS5W Rapide Spring Carpet Washer, Cleaning Width 25 cm, 500 W is one of the best carpet washer for regular home use, which is currently No.1 Best Seller on Amazon UK marketplace for its deep cleaning performance and affordable price. This upright carpet washer is suitable for carpet cleaning, rug cleaning and pet messes cleaning too, thanks to its powerful motor use (5.9M). The machine is lightweight (only 5.6 kg), big water tank size (2.1L), and wide cleaning path (24cm) with 6 high pressure spraying jets for optimal dirt cleaning. The price of Vax VRS5W Rapide Spring Carpet Washer is very affordable (one of the cheapest upright carpet cleaner), therefore this model has become the main choice of thousand households in the UK.
Pros and Cons of the Vax VRS5W Rapide Spring Carpet Washer
- Provide deep cleaning performance
- Lightweight (5.6 kg), easy for maneuvering
- Easy to use and have the shampoo in the package
- Noisy (most of the carpet cleaner are noisy too)
Features of the machine
- 2 water tank design (2.1L clean water tank size and 1.7L dirty water tank size)
- 24 cm stainless steel cleaning nozzle
- Long power cord (5.9)
- Cleaning solution in the package (Vax AAA Spring Carpet Cleaning Solution)
#2. Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Pre-Treatment Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
Recommended for deep cleaning tasks for busy homes and pet owners
The Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Pre-Treatment Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer is a high-end upright carpet washer for those who needs a more optimal solution to treat dirty carpet. This model has been innovated in many aspects to treat old and worst stains and heavily soiled carpet better. The machine uses a rotating brush to loosen and lift up the dirt at the carpet foundation, and then the dirty water is recovered as much as it could by Dual V technology from Vac. For those worst stains, it can be removed easier with the pre-treatment wand.
Besides, there are tools and accessories included in the package so you can use them for stair cleaning, upholstery cleaning and hard-to-reach areas too.
Last but not least, this model has a bigger water tank size, meaning you do not need to change the water frequently when cleaning larger areas.
Pros and Cons of Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Pre-Treatment Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
- Easy to use and powerful
- Deep cleaning performance, especially in treating heavily soiled area and old time stains
- Carpet dries faster
- Big water tank size (4.5L)
- This is a heavy weight machine
#3. BISSELL Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine
Recommended for who are looking for the best performance machine with high workmanship
The Bissell Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine 48F3E is one of the most robust, powerful carpet shampooer that you can see t any rental units because this monster carpet cleaning machine is designed for deep cleaning that is lasting for years without any defect. Currently one of the best seller on Amazon UK marketplace, this deep carpet cleaner has now become one of the most adorable cleaning machine. The main difference between the BISSELL Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine 48F3E and other upright carpet cleaners is that it could clean thick, shaggy carpet deep down to the carpet foundation, while major carpet cleaners (regular upright carpet shampooer and commercial carpet shampooer) may fail to clean such thick carpet type. Therefore, if your floor is cover by thin loop carpet, uncut carpet or tile carpet (5mm thickness), an upright carpet cleaner can handle the cleaning task easily. On the other hands, if you need to clean thicker carpet, heavily soiled carpet for wide areas, the BISSELL Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine 48F3E will save your time and money in long terms.
- Clean faster and deeper than any carpet cleaner at rental units, claimed by Bissell.
- Rotating dirt-lifter powered brushes. Bissell uses a motor within the brush unit to enable deep cleaning by the suction power of the motor. Only this Bissell Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine 48F3E has such feature so far.
- Big, adjustable water tank for big area cleaning without changing the water
- Long hose, long power cord and accessories (stain tools, upholstery tools) for optimal cleaning results at any surface.
- Easy to use as it is already established
- Professional Cleaning Formula from Bissell included in the selling package
- Sturdy design and heavy duty machine (52 lbs.)
- 5 years limited warranty
Pros and Cons Bissell Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine 48F3E
- Perform excellently. If you have a thick carpet, shaggy carpet or you need to clean a high traffic zone, this commercial carpet cleaner is one of the best option.
- You need to consider the price because this carpet cleaner is expensive than a regular upright carpet cleaner. But actually this Bissell Biggreen is a worthy investment for long terms since the machine can run for decades without any defect.
It is a heavy duties machine, so it is weighty too.
#4. Rug Doctor Mighty Pro
Recommended as one of the most powerful carpet washer which is built for lasting decades
Rug Doctor Mighty Pro is another great commercial carpet cleaner which is built for heavy duties cleaning task. The compact, poweful and flawless design of the Rug Doctor Mighty Pro allows users to clean the worst carpet throughout. This carpet cleaner has become the last rescue for many people when other carpet cleaners fail to clean. Similar to the Bissell Big Green, the Rug Doctor Mighty Pro is one of the most popular unit that you can find in any rental unit. This model is a side-by-side competitor with Bissell Big Green as there are no such powerful models like these two.
Pros and Cons of Rug Doctor Mighty Pro
- Same unit as rented out in retail outlets
- Built to last, five year warranty
- Vibrating deep cleaning
- Cost is similar to one full house cleaning done by a service company (in most of the UK) so you can calculate if it’s worth it to you to do more frequent cleaning. If you need frequent, thorough cleaning, well worth it, in my opinion.
- More thorough than upright units
- Heavy, hard to maneuver around
- Large rooms require refilling and emptying tanks.
#5. Bissell SpotClean Portable Carpet Cleaner
One of the most robust and compact portable carpet cleaner on the market that delivers deep cleaning (not many portable carpet cleaning machine can do deep cleaning, but only surface cleaning) that will recover your carpet from tough spots, stains from carpets, stairs, upholstery and more.
On Amazon.co.uk, this portable carpet cleaner is currently placed at No.2 Best Seller Portable carpet cleaner category (Bissell is the brand which is very strong for portable carpet cleaner market with over 14 models so far)
This small but powerful carpet cleaner is designed as a single unit that is every easy to use therefore you do not need to worry about machine’s installations at all. Aimed for small area deep cleaning, the Bissell portable carpet cleaner comes along with a wide range of hand tools, 3 inch tough stain brush (for small spot cleaning), 6 inch stair tool for stair and upholstery cleaning. If you are a pet owner, this Spotclean Pro will save your time from cleaning the pet messes and smells.
- The machine comes in a compact, fully established model so you do not need to do machinery installments at the beginning
- Long hose (5 flex hose) and long power cord, therefore you can bring this SpotClean carpet cleaner any place you want. Even cleaning inside the car, the machine is still fit and do a wonderful job
- Stair tools, spot removal tools and Deep cleaning formula (8 ounces) included in the selling package. The Bissell Professional Deep Cleaning Formula is one of the top cleaning products for tough spot removing as well as pet messes treatments. With 8 ounces of cleaning formula, you can use for about 4-5 cleaning times
- Bigger water tank size so you do not need to replace the water often
- 2 years limited warranty
- 17 pounds
Pros & cons Bissell SpotClean Portable Carpet Cleaner
- Easy to use, robust, compact, easy to store and affordable,
- It has always been rated as one of the best portable carpet cleaners on the market, even it has been there for many years.
- Like any portable carpet cleaner, the flex hose will accumulate the dirt over time. Therefore, you should clean the hose carefully. The remained dirt inside the hose can make it becoming fragile after some years.
#6. Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Multivax Dry Vacuum and Carpet Washer
Recommended for who want a vacuum + portable carpet cleaner + upright carpet cleaner in a single unit
The Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner is one of the greatest alternative if you are looking for a cleaning machine which can be as a vacuum, a spill cleaner and a carpet cleaner. When using as a vacuum, the Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner model is featured by a robust motor and a bagged system so you can use this machine for cleaning large area without any messing as those using bagless system. There are variations in accessories along with this MultiVax machine, so you can clean big areas, stairs, upholstery, curtains and hard to reach areas in an easy way.
When using as a carpet cleaner, it delivers deep cleaning results because the machine can actually lift up the embedded dirt from the carpet foundation. Besides, the big water tank size design allows you to clean the whole room with less changing water time.
The hose tool (2.5m) and wash tool is great for cleaning spots, stains, stair and auto-detailing. Last but not least, the simple design with a small foot print lets you store the Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner in a small space easily.
Pros ans cons of Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- Machine is built to last for years without any tricky maintenance
- Best for vacuum, carpet washing, spots and stains cleaning
- Deliver deep cleaning results
- Very durable accessories and tools
- Does not have latest functions such as built-in heater, auto-mix function or Dual V technology
- The machine weights 8kg, so it might be a it heavy if you need to bring upstairs a lot
How to buy the best carpet washer- the carpet cleaner buying guide 2017
Choosing a best carpet cleaner requires certain understanding on the machine specifications. In this buying guide, we will show you how to choose the best carpet cleaner that will fit to your budget and cleaning situation.
Consider of carpet cleaner price
A carpet cleaner on the market nowadays can be priced from £60-£450, depending on the design of the machine, the functions, the brands and other advanced technologies that a carpet cleaner can have. Typically, hand-held carpet cleaner range from £50-£100, a portable carpet cleaner is around £120, an upright carpet cleaner ranges £110-£250 and a commercial/ professional carpet cleaner ranges £250 upwards.
Hand-held carpet cleaners: are those with small size and battery use so you can bring around for cleaning small area. The Hand-held carpet cleaner is suitable for auto-detailing job mostly.
Portable carpet cleaner: the portable carpet cleaner is lightweight cleaning unit that is aimed to clean spot, spillage, stains, and upholstery. If you are dealing with spot cleaning mostly, a portable carpet cleaner will do the job perfectly.
Upright carpet cleaner: the upright carpet cleaner is designed to clean bigger space such as a room, walking zone, hotel, spot cleaning, stain cleaning pet mess treatment and more. An upright carpet cleaner one that is suitable for regular home use. Sometimes, an upright carpet cleaner can also clean well on other surfaces such as grouts and tiles.
Commercial carpet cleaner: the commercial carpet cleaner is designed to clean heavy traffic area, soiled area and spacious area. Recently due to the reduction in price, commercial carpet cleaner is also the choice of thousands of home users.
Consider the type of a carpet cleaner
As mentioned above, depending on your cleaning purpose you should choose the suitable carpet cleaner design. Users mostly choose either upright carpet cleaner or commercial carpet cleaner.
In the carpet cleaning industry,Vac, Bissell, Hoover, Rug Doctor and Dirt Devil are those famous brand that dominated the whole business. It cannot be clearly say which brand is better than others because they have their own unique selling points. For example, Bissell is adorable by the machine’s quality and customer services, Rug Doctor is aimed for workmanship and persistence, Vac is loved by the cutting-edge technologies and lower prices. They all have their fan bases.
A lower amperage motor is often translated into lower suction ability, but this is not correct because the machine suction power will also depend on the design. However it is expected that a more powerful motor will perform better. As a general rules
Hand-held carpet cleaner and portable carpet cleaner will have lower motor power (from 3 amps to 6 amps generally), and an upright carpet cleaner will have a 9amps up to 12 amps.
Must-have features of a basic carpet cleaner
There are some basic functions and features that you need to look for when choosing a carpet cleaner than others. For example, a carpet cleaner should have rotating brush, dual water tank, hose and cleaning tools for customization. You should also need to notice the weight because some are heavier than others, and the warranty time. It should last for at least 1 year.
Should-have features of an advanced carpet cleaner
Depending on the model that a carpet cleaner may have features that let your cleaning time becomes less tedious and run faster with better cleaning level. These functions are: auto-mix detergent (that you do not need to mix the formula your own), water heating (that will warm up the water at optimum temperature), water warming (that will keep the water warm always during cleaning), and multiple cleaning modes (for different cleaning circumstances), and multiple surfaces cleaning…
Consider the ease of use
Some machines are ready to work after you open the package but some requires basic installation. If you are not a so mechanical person, it is better for you to choose fully assembled models.
Hopefully with the above buying tips, you can choose the best carpet cleaner for your using purpose. If you are still unsure, just check out the top rated carpet cleaner 2016-2017 to see and find out the best one.